Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #61
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
I think if you look at the products (and service) as a whole, there is quite a bit of innovation. The price:hardware ratio, the level of OS customization, additions such as Xray and Silk (to a degree).. There is as much leading as following going on with this push. Most good products are a blend of both.
I'm going to do something you never do on the Internet , and admit I'm wrong. There were some innovative parts to Android's push.

Quote:
And Sony had a touchscreen before Nook and Kobo.

Who cares?

Sony had an e-ink reader before Amazon. Amazon had one before Nook. Nook had one before Kobo. WOOHOOO

The only people who are about all of that are the people who spend time on bulletin boards posting about these silly things. Come Christmas time, few people are going to go "Well, I can buy a Kindle with WiFi for $99 or a Nook with WiFi for $139 but the Nook touchscreen came first so I'll buy the Nook. Oh wait, Sony came before Nook so I'll by the TS-1!"
You are most likely right about that.

Quote:
The K3 does have 16x as much storage space as the K1. That's probably part of the reason why
I think the harping about SD cards is pointless. When you can store more than 1,000 books on yopur device, you have enough storage, for 99 per cent of all consumers
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #62
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
If I decide to get a second reader I would consider a kindle touch (without ads).

If they had come out with this one before buying my first reader I would have gotten a kindle. The keyboard was the deal breaker for me when buying a reader.

So it is tempting, but I don't see the need for another reader except for all the ebooks for the kindle.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote