Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Friends book is finally getting a look!

Got a call from a friend of mine today that an agency has requested (after many rejections) a full manuscript. Was described by them as "A vampire story that is very different from anything we've ever published" and "I was captivated by your first few pages."

I'm really excited for this guy. I've read the manuscript and it's really quite good, and is a very different take on the vampire story (no they don't sparkle either).

I hope that this will get him going in the right direction even if they decide not to pick it up.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Congrats (and further good luck wishes) to your friend!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I'm hoping it gets picked up...I think it was the first time I've seen a man "giddy" LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Please keep us updated, and let us know if/when the book will be published. A title and author would be nice too!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Congrats! I'd love to see a book with a new take on the vampire idea. I can't stand the current emo/sparkle vampires.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah, this vampire doesn't "sparkle" at all....unless you count the volumes of blood glinting off his lips.

Tentatively titled "The First" (I don't know if publishers/agencies can force a change) it's about the creation of the first Vampire...reads almost like a historical novel....the whole adventure kind of keeps moving you along
Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #7
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Sounds interesting! Let us know when it's available.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

He's still getting things together to send to them, so the process has literally "just started" it'll be a while.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Make sure to post again if when a book is available. I love a good vampire book.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Michael Wallace
Writer
Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.Michael Wallace is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle/Nook
Sounds interesting, and refreshing to see a vampire that actually, you know, drinks human blood.
Michael Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wallace View Post
Sounds interesting, and refreshing to see a vampire that actually, you know, drinks human blood.
Hey a guys gotta eat ya know LOL.

If it doesn't get picked up, I've been pushing him to self publish.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Congratulations, all the best to your friend!! I'd love to check out his book.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote