Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
bajanboy
bajanboy began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T3
Cannot login via SUNRISE

I am using Sunrise v0.35d. However I cannot seem to convert the MobileRead channel. When I sync the channel to the palm and read it with Plucker v1.8 it tells me that I need a USER NAME and PASS WORD.
I did that and it still does not download anything. It seems not to be logging me in.
Please help.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:16 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
This happens because MobileRead uses form-based authentication, which relies on cookies to work. The username/password that you can fill in applies to basic authentication, which works differently.

Right now the only way to access sites that use form-based authentication is to log in to the site through Mozilla or Firefox first, then point Sunrise to the browser's cookies.txt file. Sunrise will then send the required cookies, so you can access the site.

The next release will have dedicated support for Form Logins. I just tested this with MobileRead and it works fine. The attached screenshot might make this all a little clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobileread-login.png
Views:	846
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	409  
Old 10-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
bif
bif began at the beginning.

Device: zire 71
Question

Laurens:
As a newbie to Sunrise, how do I point Sunrise to my Firefox cookies.txt file? Thanks in advance.

You said:

Right now the only way to access sites that use form-based authentication is to log in to the site through Mozilla or Firefox first, then point Sunrise to the browser's cookies.txt file. Sunrise will then send the required cookies, so you can access the site.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
If you have Windows 2000, it should be something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows profile name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Your Firefox profile name\cookies.txt

Or else, do a search on your hard drive for cookies.txt and you should then find out where it is so that you can point Sunrise to it.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
bif
bif began at the beginning.

Device: zire 71
Wink That worked. Thanks!

That worked. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #6
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
No problem. If you want more info on using Sunrise, check out my mini step through of it in this posting:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2529