Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Sunrise 0.3.4 released

This release introduces the following features:
  • Support for SSL connections
  • Easy way to attach date stamps to document names
  • Card Install conduit
More info: Sunrise News
Old 09-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #2
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

Device: TH55
Hello Laurens,

The install to /Palm/Programs/Plucker/ did not work for me

I get this error:
Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory

I check the card and there is a Plucker directory created.

I sync again and I get the following message:

Error deleting /Palm/Programs/Plucker/El Universal 09-27-2004.pdb from card (268452867)

I don't know why it is trying to delete something if there's nothing in that directory.

The directory I have is PALM/Programs but I don't think the all-caps make a difference.

Anybody else having this problem?

Last edited by mercedes; 09-28-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

OK, I reinstalled again and still not working. The sunrise stub was transferred to the pda. The Plucker folder gets created but the hotsync log shows error:
Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory.

If I delete that directory from the card and hotsync again I get this:
C:\Program Files\Palm\user\sunrise\*.pdb
Error deleting /Palm/Programs/Plucker/Reuters Top News.pdb from card (268452867)

But no documents ever get transferred because they remain in the sunrise folder.

With JPluck, writing to the Plucker directory did not work for me either but that was before I started using Sunrise.

The previous method of moving the documents to the launcher directory worked flawless. Is there an option for this? I don't mind that it writes to the launcher directory as long as it works.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Mercedes, I recommend you uninstall the conduit for now. (Simply uninstall, then reinstall without the conduit.) If the conduit is not installed, Sunrise uses the default method of scheduling PDBs. I will look into the issues you mentioned.

I assume you're using Sunrise with a T|T(as your Profile states). If you're using it with another handheld -for instance, one with dual card slots - let me know. Currently, the conduit always uses the first available VFS volume, so you cannot choose which card slot the PDBs should go. (There are only a few Sony Clie's that have dual slots, so usually this is not a problem.)
Old 09-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot

Thanks for making it optional to install the card conduit. I don't know why it never works for me, but I am back to install to Launcher folder which works fine.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I just released Sunrise 0.3.4a. This version includes fixes for the conduit.

Mercedes, I'm not sure if it will actually work for you now, but you could always try.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #7
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot

It worked! Thanks Laurens, that was fast.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I just released v0.3.4b. The main change in this version is in the way Sunrise Desktop and the Card Install conduit link to the HotSync Manager DLLs. This is done in a much cleaner manner. I had bug reports from people who had multiple, incompatible HotSync Mgr DLLs in their Windows directory or their PATH. This would cause the conduit not to get registered and Sunrise not to load at all.

NOTE: you should uninstall the previous release first. Otherwise you will get an invalid conduit entry in your Registry.

There have been other minor changes and fixes as well.

Last edited by Laurens; 09-30-2004 at 02:32 PM.