Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Dinette
Dinette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Kindle App does not work on Catalina (iOS)

I just got a new Mac using the new Catalina Operating System and my Kindle no longer works on it, even though I downloaded it again from both Amazon and the Mac App Store - my books don't open.

The Kindle App opens just fine on my Mac, does not freeze, it installs and runs, etc.. The problem is that none of my eBooks show up on it properly.. i.e. I see all my books but none of them open... So at the moment I can only read them on my iPhone or the Kindle Cloud solution, but not on my Mac... which is very frustrating.

From what I read on other Forums, other users have been having the same issue with the Catalina operating system... Some were able to solve it by downloading the Kindle app anew - but in my case, this has not solved the issue...

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks!
Dinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Try deleting Kindle app then also:

Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle folder

Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle folder

Then reinstall Kindle app. See if that works.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
Dinette
Dinette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Try deleting Kindle app then also:

Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle folder

Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle folder

Then reinstall Kindle app. See if that works.
Odamizu, you are a genius! It works! :-) Thank you so much, D.
Dinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:50 AM   #4
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinette View Post
Odamizu, you are a genius! It works! :-) Thank you so much, D.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote