Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Free Sci-Fi Short Story: We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore

EDIT: Please visit the Author Promotion forum for exciting details about having your personal copy esigned and numbered.

Just a quick note to publicly acknowledge a bunch of folks who have already taken a look. The best thanks a writer can have is to have happy readers, so you guys are the best!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If you have not already done so, please check out my science fiction debut short story, “We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore” which is available as a free download via Smashwords.

You can get a copy in your choice of Mobi, ePub, PDF and/or LRF by following this link, or by clicking one of the images below. The cover photo will take you to the book page, whereas clicking on my ugly mug will bring you straight to my profile, where you will be able to see other new stories as they are added (you should see new additions on a semi-regular basis... so feel free to bookmark/share the link if you like them!):

Quote:

Ebook Description

"If I were editing a magazine I would be seriously considering buying this story for publication—but I'm not, so I can't. Sorry."

— Bruce Bethke, author of "Cyberpunk" and Headcrash

. . .

Stan wanted a flying car. No, that wasn't quite accurate... Stan wanted a nice flying car, and the quantities of bliss that purchase would bring. Stan desired bliss.

Fortunately, Bliss also desired Stan.
Quote:

Biography:

Over the course of three and a half decades, M. David Blake has been a Revolutionary War reenactor, a ditch digger, a troubleshooter, a gallery artist, a woodturner and a poet. He has run soundboards for live performances, done lost-wax casting, scooped ice-cream while serving as a barista, crash-tested software used by a significant portion of the entertainment industry and reassembled the shattered skull of a murder victim. He was asked to leave one college, graduated from two others, and in the process utterly flunked a course dedicated to the study of science fiction.

Blake currently lives in Hillsborough, North Carolina, with his wife, their daughter, one geriatric cat, and several thousand books.
Any reviews would be appreciated. Thank you!

To be informed of new stories via Facebook, click here!

Last edited by dreams; 07-09-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add EDIT info
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Looks interesting! Iʻll check it out- thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
My science fiction debut short story, “We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore” is now available as a free download.

You can get a copy in your choice of Mobi, ePub, PDF and/or LRF by following this link, or by clicking on the book cover below:

- M.
Thanks. Karma on its way.

Regards, Alex
Old 04-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Grabbed a copy to check it out, Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys (and presumably also gals)! There will also be other offerings down the road, as I get back into the swing of things.

If anyone who has had a chance to read the story feels like writing a brief review and rating the story for others to see, it would be deeply appreciated.

- M.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Quote:
My science fiction debut short story, “We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore” is now available as a free download.

You can get a copy in your choice of Mobi, ePub, PDF and/or LRF by following this link, or by clicking on the book cover below:

- M.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Ladylynn
Shoulda known better...
Ladylynn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I look forward to reading it. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you, I've downloaded your book and look forward to reading it.

I think you should mention that the link on your first post is to Smashwords (one of my favourite sites).
Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
I think you should mention that the link on your first post is to Smashwords (one of my favourite sites).
Thank you for the tip. I was not quite certain what the etiquette of naming any particular site on these forums might be, so originally just played it safe... but I've now updated the initial post.

- M.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Updated the first post with a blurb and bio.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Thanks guys (and presumably also gals)! There will also be other offerings down the road, as I get back into the swing of things.
Itʻs funny that you say this... for some reason, my eyes just skated over your name on the book when I was getting it (I did find the cover art interesting) and I made the erroneous assumption that you were female. Like me. I just read your bio and was surprised to see a man in the picture.

<--notorious for assuming the wrong gender on this board
Old 04-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
... and I made the erroneous assumption that you were female. Like me.
No worries... I get the same erroneous assumption at least once a week, from someone standing behind me in the supermarket checkout lane! Just one of the perils of being a long-haired freak, I suppose.

In other news, last night my story was approved for "Premium Catalog" distribution, meaning it should ship to Kobo today, Apple on Wednesday, and Barnes & Noble on Friday (with Sony and Amazon dates still TBD). I've been riding the high all night.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has written to say they enjoyed the story! Yes, more stories will be forthcoming. Yes, I'd love it if the people who enjoyed it would write reviews. Yes, I'll be getting a Facebook page soon, which is something I never thought I would need....

- M.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Updated the first post to show gratitude... and send a big "Thank You!" to everyone who is enjoying the story!

- M.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #14
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

I finally have a Facebook author page. If you liked the first story, I will be making others available on a semi-regular basis, so...

See you there.

- M.

(... and I would still love it if someone could take a few moments to provide a review at Smashwords.com. Thanks!)
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

If anyone has access to an iPad, would you be willing to check and see whether “We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore” has gone live in the iBookstore... and possibly post an update when it does, if it isn't already?

Thank you!

- M.
Closed Thread