Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
What techo gadgets do you have?

I've noticed that many of use have more than ebook readers in common. What other gadgets do you have floating in your homes. I have:
Mac Pro - 4TB of storage inside
Macbook (notebook)
Kindle 1 and 2, will give K1 to mom on Memorial Day.
PSP
iPhone (Edge) has its own Sony iphone radio/cradle
Ipod 80GB
Ipod G4 20GB (has its own iHome radio/cradle)
XBox (previous version)
Blue-Ray player (has its own 32" Sony HDTV)
HD player (has its own 27" HDTV)
Dell Optiplex 620/Dell 20" monitor w/camera

Last edited by pagansoul; 05-06-2009 at 06:17 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Not quite as leading edge as you, these are the gadgets that my husband & I have. We have simple cell phones, no PDAs, though I am thinking about getting one of those tiny laptops.

Kindle 1
Sony PRS-505
Sony Vaio (~ 2004 edition)
Cyber Power PC (4-way intel 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM)
Macbook laptop
Company-supplied IBM laptop
Garmin Nüvi GPS
iPod Video (original)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
  • Too many Macs, ranging from an Early-08 Mac Pro through assorted laptops and even an old SE in the attic.
  • Assorted pro- and semi-pro-Audio gear, mostly used for slowly transferring vinyl LPs to digital form. Only the ones that are unobtainable in bits, though -- it's too much work to consider for anything I could just buy. Only a few hundred albums to go!
  • iPod Touch (latest and greatest big one)
  • Sony Readers: one 500 and one 700
  • Garmin Nüvi GPS
  • One extra-super-cheap bare-bones cell-phone. Acquired under duress.
  • A Roku Soundbridge M1001 digital music player (plays tunes served from the Mac Pro)

Not too many other techie toys, though. A mid-career PhD puts a real crimp in the disposable income...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
- Samsung P3 Love it. Better sound quality than itouch, radio, and more importanty, it's UMS out of the box
- Cybook
- Ds (And, probably sometimes, DSi)
- Wii
- Sony ericson S500i
- Dell M1300 (with linux, of course)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
In no particular order:

Wii
DS
Ipod
Net Book
GPS
Kindle 1
PDA- Axim x50v
Many PC's of undetermined age and in multiple states of disrepair
HD Cages with all my old stuffs (hooked up, so 1 plug into the current PC puts the last 10 years or so of blah blah blah at my fingertips
HD TV/Cable
Game Boy Advance
PS2
several cameras
Cell Phone
Blue Tooth gadgets-drive, gps, ear thingie, music player

Nintendo hook up games (forgot by now what it's called, but they're still playing some of that stuff downstairs)

I want a PS3, but only so I can play Littlebig Planet Now that rumors are out about it going to PSP, I might get me one of those! The DSi is on the list, as is a better cell phone (prolly Not an iphone tho)

There may be more.... I'm a gadget lover, but my span of attention could use a bit of work
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Much the same as other folks for me -

iPod
Wii
Nintendo DS
Sony PRS-505
2 laptops, Dell and HP
1 HP laptop supplied by work
1 PC, Dell
Tom Tom sat nav
Nokia 6310 mobile telephone
Nokia E71 mobile telephone supplied by work. Don't you just hate work emails arriving at 11pm on a Sunday night!
Canon camcorder
Canon digital camera
2 digital radios, both by Pure.

Holiday luggage allowance used to be impacted by books once upon a time, now it is leads and charging devices that take up space and weight!
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hmm... de ja vu all over again. I know I did this before.

iMac
5 Dell Laptops (in the family)
HDTV
Surround Sound
XBox 360, XBox, Wii, 4 DS, 1 DSi
2 working desktops spread around
Atomic self-setting clocks
Foodsaver
Guitar Hero Drum set and 2 guitars
Wii Fit
3 Palms somewhere
5 iPods G4 - Touch
etc.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-17-2009 at 11:35 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is a "Foodsaver", Bob? Is it what I'd call a refrigerator, or a freezer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What is a "Foodsaver", Bob? Is it what I'd call a refrigerator, or a freezer?
Neither, it is a device that vacuum packs food so that you can store it. http://www.foodsaver.com/Index.aspx. We buy in bulk at Sam's (hmm do you know what that is?) so we use this to break apart the bulk stuff into portions that we would use for one sitting in order to freeze them.

Also a nice thing about the food saver is that it has a "bag sealer" on it. A thing that melts the bad closed again. This is good to use to reseal cereal or potato chips or other plastic bags that food comes in. This keeps it fresher and keeps the bugs away.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-18-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Interesting. I've never come across a "home vacuum-sealer" before! Thanks for the link.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The gadgets I brought on a recent trip:

Phone, Nokia N85
Internet Tablet, N810
iRiver iHP 120 (to record talks)
iAudio D2 (to record talks)
Digital Camera
Cybook Gen 3
USB battery
Dell D420 Laptop

The things that was most useful was the GPS with maps in the phone and a PDF viewer in the N810 to display the underground map for London...

Most useful things at home:

Popcorn Hour A110
Bluetooth Keyboard for the phone (useful for google map searches)
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
desktop pc -the one I am using to type this note (4 yr old piece of crap but I refuse to buy another til it dies)

Standard non-HD 36 TV (again, refuse to buy an HD til the old one dies- I am anal that way. I want my money's worth or forget it)

Sony prs-505 that I have had for 2 weeks but I refuse to open because I know I will probably want to return it. May do that tomorrow because I can't make up my mind if I really want one of those or not anyway.

PS3 - big time gamer

360 - on my 3rd or 4th. They keep crapping out. Biggest piece of crap electronic device I have bought in my 50 years of life.

company Dell laptop that I leave at work

company cell phone that I use as my personal-to cheap to buy my own when the company lets me use it that way

That's it. Don't own a watch or an mp3 player, but would love an Ipod Touch.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Two custom built PC's. Mine runs Windows, husband's runs Linux. Both dual monitor setups.
Two BlackBerries -one mine, one husband's.
One EZ Reader
One generic MP3 player which my BlackBerry has all but replaced.

If I get the job I interviewed for this weekend, I'll be using an iMac at work ::rejoice::

Future wants:
Ebook reader for my son (something nearly indestructible, preferably)
42" LCD or plasma TV (at the moment we have a HUGE projection TV that I loathe. I keep hoping it'll die soon)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Devices at home, most of which I paid for:

1 12TB file server
1 HP desktop (this one, my mom paid for)
5 custom built desktop
enough spare parts to build a couple more desktops

3 Dell laptop (1 semi-broken, hangs when you move the screen)
1 Toshiba laptop
2 Acer Aspire One 8.9" (technically, I don't have them yet but they arrive tomorrow)

1 50" Plasma (mom paid for this one, too)
2 Popcorn Hour A110
2 Roku Netflix player

9 PSP
1 PS3
1 PS2
1 Wii

1 iPhone 2G
1 iPod 5G
3 Toshiba Gigabeat (mp3 player)
1 Sony digital camera
2 Magellan Maestro GPS (not at home, but in the vehicles, obviously)

Looks at credit card bill. Whoops.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
3 Toshiba Gigabeat (mp3 player)
How does this work for you? I got my wife one so she could listen to .wma audio books from the library. It works ok but the batter doesn't last more than a few days, even when not using it. We sent it for repair twice... still works the same.

BOb