Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
dougn
dougn began at the beginning.

Device: none
"Strobist" recipe help please

I'm new to ebooks, feeds and calibre.

I am following the user manual tutorial for adding your favorite news website.

When i view http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/WOBq in a browser all looks well.

when i use http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/WOBq in calibre as a feed url, it only downloads a few lines when creating the ebook.

I have looked at several examples in the forum and FAQ, and I'm afraid I don't know what I'm missing to get this simple feed to dowload properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Last edited by dougn; 01-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.
dougn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougn View Post
Any help would be appreciated.
I looked at the feed. There's alot of text in the feed and a link at the top to an article. Do you want the text from the article that's linked at the top of the feed, or the text that's actually in the feed page? The stuff in the feed page is called "embedded content"

Code:
use_embedded_content = True
will force the recipe to use the embedded feed content¶

Normally Calibre will try to guess if a feed has full articles embedded in it based on the length of the embedded content. If None, then the default guessing is used. If True then it assumes the feed has embedded content and if False it assumes the feed does not have embedded content.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
dougn
dougn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much for your help Starson17 !

I went to advanced mode after the code that already there, I entered the code you supplied above. Now the ebook Calibre gets looks quite similar to the feed as shown from feedburner.

There is no way i would have found "use_embedded_content = True" on my own.

Thanks for your help !

Doug
dougn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougn View Post
Thank you very much for your help Starson17
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote