Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 06:35 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Put a NAS (or a PC with that drive) at work that you can access from home.
Security against Local disasters (really) OFFSITE is good to have
But you don't want the backup drive running all the time in an off-line site that you cannot access.These days, off-site will have to be forgone as we cannot get to the other site.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you don't want the backup drive running all the time in an off-line site that you cannot access.These days, off-site will have to be forgone as we cannot get to the other site.
Not OFF-Line. OFF-Site.

A good RAID device will run months without hands touching it as long as it is Cool, Clean and Dry
I can put file on it from remote (one way mirror my Library) as my standard mode. But I can also log on, Administer or fetch files without ever seeing the pretty blue LEDs on the front.

Do you really think the MR servers need Humans at their COLO? (To be truthful, I don't know how a tiny presence like MR is handled at a COLO. I've never been in a cage with less than 10 racks, all for a single client)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cons, external hard drive, pros, storing library