Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I used to use a Sony Reader PRS-T1 and it's Android based and it worked well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Thanks for letting know but after searching the net, I am interesting of onyx boox. There are plenty onyx models with 6" screens and great specs too, like the onyx Boox Darmin 4, very beautiful, same specs with glo hd with some added features and comes with a very beautiful case. The only thing that I am not 100% sure is that it's Android.

Are Ebooks ok with android platforms? Is there something that I should know before making the move to purchase one ?
I couldn't find any information on Onyx Boox Darwin 4, only Darwin 2. At any rate, checking the Onyx website, all of their current models run Android. You might want to head to the Onyx forums for questions about specific models.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:29 AM   #18
Jedi
Enthusiast
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Many thanks
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:42 AM   #19
Jedi
Enthusiast
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I couldn't find any information on Onyx Boox Darwin 4, only Darwin 2. At any rate, checking the Onyx website, all of their current models run Android. You might want to head to the Onyx forums for questions about specific models.
At Russian onyx Boox site https://onyx-boox.ru/boox_darwin4

Official dealer in Russia of onyx.

Specs: 6" screen E Ink Carta Plus, res 1072 × 1448 300 dpi with Moon Light and Snow field ( it's like a better light for the eyes) duo processors, 8GB book memory with card slot ) also it's very beautiful and it comes with a great quality case
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:49 AM   #20
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post

Are Ebooks ok with android platforms? Is there something that I should know before making the move to purchase one ?
Quote:
My understanding of the T1 is that it is a highly tailored android: you probably wouldn't guess it was android if you used it.

The comments I recall about regular Android eink ereaders (this wouldn't include the T1) is that the battery life isn't as good.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:57 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-09-2017 at 07:41 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Wrong about the battery life. It was good.
Read his statement again.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote