Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #31
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The only differences I have seen are the new badges, which are in the white space above cover images and the fix to widow/orphan handling when reading books with Enhanced Typesetting.

I haven't noticed anything bad.
thank you. would you mind please posting an image of what you mean about the badges above cover images?
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #32
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
thank you. would you mind please posting an image of what you mean about the badges above cover images?
Here is a library screen with Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading badges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_12_05T21_21_15-0500.png
Views:	393
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	175359  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 09:26 PM   #33
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here is a library screen with Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading badges.
thank you!
Old 12-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #34
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
This might be being nitpicky, but I wish they'd put those badges also over samples that are in KU. I don't ever read samples, but I use them as placeholder for various things. To read next, recommendations. It would help to see at one glance which sample I have on my kindle that is also in KU as the book. So I still have to have my collection of KU. But that isn't super reliable as some books get taken out of KU.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #35
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I love updates if they add new changes/things - although it's rare it's something I'll notice.

I'm wondering:

"After installing the new software, the What’s New page says the update adds Library Badges to Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited books. Basically they put a label at the top so you can easily identify them."

The work to give these all badges makes little sense to me since they now have the filter feature where you can easily filter to see Unlimited, Read, unread, Etc., so easily now. The badges are almost redundant, although who knows, maybe it will be useful for some.
This makes it consistent with the mobile apps and Fires. You no longer have to set a filter to figure out which are KU titles and which aren’t. It’s a convenience.

However, Kindles still don’t have filter for Library Loans.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #36
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
They are in the "Filter" menu of the "Your Library" screen.

Here is a screenshot from an Oasis running the latest firmware.
Thank you! I guess I've skimmed right past that before.

Odd though: Prime Reading shows 3 (for me) but only presents me with 1. And when I move that one into a collection, then it shows NONE (while still saying there are 3). So the filter is only for books NOT in a collection? When I go into a collection, the Filter option isn't there.

But this is probably discussed elsewhere.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #37
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
This might be being nitpicky, but I wish they'd put those badges also over samples that are in KU. I don't ever read samples, but I use them as placeholder for various things. To read next, recommendations. It would help to see at one glance which sample I have on my kindle that is also in KU as the book. So I still have to have my collection of KU. But that isn't super reliable as some books get taken out of KU.
Do the "PrimeReading" etc badges show up in the TITLE ONLY view? I'm not satisfied with only 4 books on my screen. I always use the title view.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #38
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another thing I don't like. I can only see the Ku badges when I don't look at books inside a collection. I have to change my sorting to recent so the books are on the home page not in collections. As soon as I click on a collection, the same books now do not have the Ku tag. That is bizarre. That is not useful to me as I need to have collections on the home page. The ones I have starred, with everything else not in teh collection showing after.

As far as if it needs to be in grid or list view? It shows up with either. But again, not when I am looking at the books inside a collection.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #39
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Another thing I don't like. I can only see the Ku badges when I don't look at books inside a collection. I have to change my sorting to recent so the books are on the home page not in collections. As soon as I click on a collection, the same books now do not have the Ku tag. That is bizarre. That is not useful to me as I need to have collections on the home page. The ones I have starred, with everything else not in teh collection showing after.

As far as if it needs to be in grid or list view? It shows up with either. But again, not when I am looking at the books inside a collection.
I think the badges should be in the collections not the main page, but then I don't like the badges so...

I do like the filter settings though
Old 12-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #40
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I think the badges should be in the collections not the main page, but then I don't like the badges so...

I do like the filter settings though
Yeah, we already have the filter. For me having the badge on samples would be the most useful. I have a collection with recommendations I put samples in as a place holder. It would be nice to see in one glace which of the recs is in KU. But alas, not to be.

At this point what I want are more stats. Any kind of reading stats. Give them to me.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #41
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Yeah, we already have the filter. For me having the badge on samples would be the most useful. I have a collection with recommendations I put samples in as a place holder. It would be nice to see in one glace which of the recs is in KU. But alas, not to be.

At this point what I want are more stats. Any kind of reading stats. Give them to me.
and reading stats, I'm over them. just let me read in peace, don't put useless stuff in my face when I'm looking for a book on the home page or in a collection and stop forcing upgrades I don't want anyway.

I'm getting a Kobo Clara HD just for fun. love my new Oasis 3 though. would love it better if I could have my way with it and swap the battery when it starts getting problematic.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #42
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The KU badge applies only to items that have actually been borrowed from KU. So it won’t show on sample, because it’s not borrowed from KU. Also if you have purchased something that happens to be available in KU, the KU badge won’t show. So it is just a way of seeing which items have been borrowed at a glance.

I’m curious what you see if you are using Prime Reading and are not a KU subscriber. Is it Prime badge? I always thought that Prime members should either: get a break on KU subscriptions, or be able to borrow 10 things from the Prime Reading selection in addition to the 10 from KU. But life isn’t fair.

But yes, it should show the badge when you are viewing in a collection, and it doesn’t do that on Kindle or on my iOS devices.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #43
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Has anyone had any issues with 5.12.3? I guess I should make the "leap" (on the Voyage). It doesn't look like it's a very big leap from 5.12.2 though.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #44
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'm 7th Gen, which seems excluded from this one?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing that may be new to some is that 5.12.3 cannot be jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote