Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #976
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Another approach that is somewhat equivalent but less streamlined, but provides additional options in case there are combinations of texts that you do or do not want (and/or you're limiting your work to a subset of your ePub library), would be to set up some temporary columns and as you select various ePub subsets based on various search criteria, use "edit metadata in bulk" to put content into one of the columns.
Good idea. You can also put in tags for those rather than making a custom column for each criteria. Or make a single new custom tags column for those.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #977
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Red face

I can't believe I did not see this issue before.
The quality check PI does not respect the current scope: VL (or selections>1)
I have VL's that show books I have not read or touched up, so I would not normally need to rescan those I am done with .
Scope would save time for those of us with an out of control library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #978
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi,
could you please remove the heavy [1-999] limitation to the series gap finder, which was added in 2011? There are plenty of academic book series with some more than 1000 items. Therefore 2000 to 3000 limit would be finer. Thanks.
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #979
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotAnal View Post
Hi,
could you please remove the heavy [1-999] limitation to the series gap finder, which was added in 2011? There are plenty of academic book series with some more than 1000 items. Therefore 2000 to 3000 limit would be finer. Thanks.
The Plugin code is in the zip file. (location: the Calibre 'config folder': plugins _
You can make custom changes as you wish. just unzip, edit with a text/code editor and re-zip
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #980
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

thanks so much! I was pretty unaware of that possibility. I do hope the language is understandable to me.
EDIT: The plugin dir has dll only. If you mean the pylib.zip file in the Calibre app dir, I could not unzip without getting so many errors! Moreover, there are so many pyo file, which is the right one?

Last edited by RotAnal; 03-04-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #981
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Calibre plugins are stored in the preferences folder not the app folder
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #982
RotAnal
Connoisseur

thanks for the hint!
Actually I have been able to find and edit the python code in the qualitycheck.zip file, but the replacement of the max_value constant in the check_series_gaps function gave a wrong result with long series: it gives no gap though I know there are a few. Are there other global constants which I have to change in the check_metadata py module?
EDIT: also the "duplicate series" function miserably fails for long series. Therefore it must be something to edit, which lies outside the single functions. Please help me.

Last edited by RotAnal; 03-04-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #983
RotAnal
Connoisseur

I forgot to mention that I was not able to properly replace the old with the new (edited) zip file. If I do so, Calibre does not recognise it (even if I delete the companion json file) and I have to reinstal it, but in this case, Calibre replaces it with the original 2011 file. How to workaround this behaviour?
Old 03-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #984
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[1] Back up the 2011 file (for future possible use) from folder ...\calibre\plugins.
[2] Exit from Calibre.
[3] Go to folder ...\calibre\plugins and copy your custom .zip into that folder, replacing whatever is there. Do not mess with the .json files, since they have nothing to do with your issue.
[3] Run Calibre.
[4] Preferences > Plugins and load your personal .zip by specifying its path.
[5] Restart Calibre.

You can always "uninstall" a plugin from Preferences > Plugins.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #985
RotAnal
Connoisseur

I did exactly this but after security risk warning, the loading has been stopped by this exception:

InvalidPlugin: The plugin in u'C:\\Users\\Maurizio\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\ plugins\\Quality Check.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Where am I wrong?
Old 03-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #986
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I did exactly this but after security risk warning, the loading has been stopped by this exception:

InvalidPlugin: The plugin in u'C:\\Users\\Maurizio\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\ plugins\\Quality Check.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Where am I wrong?
I've attached an image of the directory of the QualityCheck.zip file from my calibre plugin directory. It shows a __init__.py file present. Does this match your zip file's directory?

Edit: I looked in the .zip file and changed the >=1000 in lines 239 and 240 to >=3000 in check_metadata.py and saved the zip file. I removed the plugin, re-added it using the modified file and didn't see any immediate errors though I don't have any series with over 1000 books to check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quality_check-Zip_contents.png
Views:	165
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	177507  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quality Check.zip (128.7 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 03-04-2020 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added modified .zip file
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #987
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The problem is that you zipped it while browsing the zipped folder. Get out of the zipped folder, and zip it from the "outside".
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #988
RotAnal
Connoisseur

yes, completely, even in the lengths.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #989
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
yes, completely, even in the lengths.
Interesting. I tried modifying the check_metadata.py file, added it to the copy of the .zip file, re-opened calibre, removed the plugin, re-added it using the modified file. No error message and when I tried running Quality Check, it came up with multiple series gaps but no error messages. I attached the modified .zip file to my previous message.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #990
RotAnal
Connoisseur

DNSB,
I tried to install YOUR modified zip file and everything has been fine. Thanks so much!
Of course I have made some stupid error somewhere.
Thanks to all!

EDIT: the trivial error which I have made is to rezip the set of files included the edited one as a QualityCheck folder, which has troubled Calibre! Shame on me and sorry to have stolen your valuable time.

Last edited by RotAnal; 03-04-2020 at 05:42 PM.