Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many shops have you bought ebooks from?
None. (I use the library and/or Public Domain and/or freebies) 4 3.51%
1 (Why bother with more than 1?) 8 7.02%
2 (The best of both) 7 6.14%
3-5 (Why stop at two?) 37 32.46%
6-20 (I've been buying a long time) 40 35.09%
20+ (A really long time) 13 11.40%
The Blue one next to the Fish 5 4.39%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #106
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Given the self-selecting nature, the self-reporting, people's various interpretations of the question, and fallible memories, I think we'll just have to treat the results with the respect they deserve.
Hmmm.... Miniscule? Negligible? Meager? Trivial? Where's my thesaurus when I need it? Strictly for entertainment value?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:31 PM   #107
thymesnewroman
Enthusiast
thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thymesnewroman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma
3-5 stores.
Amazon Kindle store (before I got a Kobo)
and publishers' stores.
thymesnewroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #108
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Kindle
Kobo
WH Smith’s
Fiction wise
Books on board
iBooks
Google play books

There maybe a few others that have slipped my mind. These days I mostly from the kindle store with the very occasional book from iBooks.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 02-08-2020 at 09:01 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:38 AM   #109
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you enjoyed this poll, I have another one for you.

How many shops did you buy ebooks from in 2019?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #110
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The new 2019 only poll somehow made me remember that some years ago I bought a few books directly from O'Reilly. So my response in this poll should be 2 instead of 1.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #111
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Poll already closed, but I would have been in the 20+. Many of the shops have closed or been absorbed.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote