Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
2019 Nook Glowlight Plus (7.8”) Open Box for $129.99

I just saw this deal by chance in my eBay feed while doing some other stuff and thought I’d share.

Hard to argue with the price and quality of the hardware and features if Nook is an ecosystem you enjoy.

Excellent seller and free returns are offered if it doesn’t work out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254429423213
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should add that they are back on sale New from B&N for $169 right now also.
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I hate to say it, but it's still too expensive given the really awful software.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #4
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nah. I disagree. Just depends upon your usages.

I’m no fan of the nook software, but even I could get by fine with one of these and side loading my content with embedded fonts.

The large screen, soft touch casing and nice buttons and superior glow light are real on this hardware.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Somehow I really doubt you hate to say that

$129 is a really good price for the Glowlight Plus. I just don't desire such a large screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Can be rooted and install koreader. Best orange light and screen on the market. Amazing in night mode on koreader. I have the 6".
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Can be rooted and install koreader. Best orange light and screen on the market. Amazing in night mode on koreader. I have the 6".
So true
The warm lighting on the Nook's is absolutely the best out there right now.