Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #91
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
MrPI cannot install MrPI, since it installs update_*.bin packages. KUAL extensions like MrPI are usually distributed as a ZIP containing the actual extensions folder.

As for the "latest SS, etc" -- are you sure you put them in the right folder? You need to put them in the "mrpackages/" folder, not the root of the userstore.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 PM   #92
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Pretty much 100% PEBKAC.

Did some digging (which i shoulda done first) and remembered the steps on things. Was trying to throw the archive files at MPRI and surprisingly it didn't like it.

Sorry for the dumb question

all current (and at the moment installing 5.6.5 since i read it doesn't kill the JB, fingers crossed)
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 PM   #93
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jwilker: You're confusing 'update' packages with KUAL extensions.

MRPI itself is a KUAL extension designed to install update packages.
You don't need anything but an unarchiver to install KUAL extensions.

Short answer: you're doing things wrong.

Long answer: re-read KUAL's and MRPI's docs.

EDIT: Dammit, missed the page switch. >_<".
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #94
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
LOL yeah I really need to stay more on top of checking in so i don't forget it all between visits. I'm all sorted, but yeah I had all the things confused (in my head).
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #95
Phazed
Phazed began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Odd Failure

I went to install the screen saver on my PW2. Saw the link for the Package installer. Installed the KUAL extension, put the .bin file into /mrpackages and told KUAL to install it. It claimed success, said "restarting UI" and the Kindle rebooted.

It gets ~90% of the way through the reboot and hangs. Sits there for a while, then reboots and hangs again. Repeat.

Plugging in a USB connection to a computer, the Kindle shows up as a drive. After I eject it seems to work normally. So I placed the uninstall file into /mrpackages and used KUAL to do Mr Packages install. Again the reboot and hang.

Deleted the /mrpackages and extensions/MRInstaller folders and did a manual reset.

Same problem.

So, I'm not adding/removing ANYthing at this point until I get this resolved. Would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed. USBNetworking works fine and I am comfortable at the command line. Help?

This thread is now here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3212544

Last edited by Phazed; 11-25-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 10:49 PM   #96
bt4wang
bt4wang began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't install kpvbooklet 0.6.1 on KPW3(5.6.5), only shows "Checking kpvbooklet 0.6.1.1, destorying package". seems it doesn't launch the install progress.
bt4wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #97
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KPVBooklet has not been marked as compatible with the PW3.

Ping @chrox or someone that they need to repack with the latest kindletool, or you can do so yourself.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #98
bt4wang
bt4wang began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
KPVBooklet has not been marked as compatible with the PW3.

Ping @chrox or someone that they need to repack with the latest kindletool, or you can do so yourself.
OK, thanks for your advice, I'll try to repack it later.
bt4wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #99
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've taken the opportunity of the JB 5.6.5 release to pin this thread.

I'm usually loath to pin my own stuff, but hopefully that should help point users in the right direction when they start wondering how to install our custom packages .
Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #100
ruisio
ruisio began at the beginning.

Device: papertwhite 2
How to uninstall this ? Delete the folder, or uninstall kual completely ? (and how to uninstall kual). Thank you.
ruisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #101
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

KUAL is a single *.azw2 file located in the documents folder. Delete it and KUAL is "uninstalled".

Likewise with this extension, simply delete the subfolder inside the extensions folder.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:57 PM   #102
mrricheyrich
mrricheyrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1
KUAL not authorised as test Kindle

Hi all,
I'm running 5.7.2.1 FW on Kindle Touch and am having the following error when trying to launch KUAL 2.0:

"This device is not authorised as a test Kindle by the developer of this item"

To step back a little, my Kindle has undergone the following:

FW 5.6.5
Successful JB in airplane mode
Install of KUAL and MRPI
Restart of kindle
Annoying silent OTA update to FW 5.7.2.1
JB hotfix successfully applied

In the readme file of KUAL, the above error message implies that MKK package hasn't been installed, even though I understand that FW >5 don't need a separate MKK install. Nevertheless, I tried to install the relevant K5 MKK package but every time the Kindle deletes the .bin file.

How do I get KUAL to work? I understand that KUAL is pretty much necessary for all custom packages to work on FW >5.6.5 so am a bit stuck without it.
mrricheyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #103
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Get your device info in order. You cannot possibly be running FW 5.7 on a Touch. I'm guessing that's actually a Kindle Basic.

But to answer your question: just restart your device.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:14 AM   #104
mrricheyrich
mrricheyrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1
KUAL not authorised as test Kindle

Hi NiLuJe and thanks for your response!

To address your comments:

My Amazon devices page tells me it is a Kindle (7th Generation) and it is a touchscreen device. Not sure what that makes it but if it's the basic version so be it.

I have performed a few power restarts and then tried to open the KUAL kindlet. I have received the same error every time. I've read and re-read the JB, JB hotfix, KUAL and MRPI threads (and their readme files) to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. Does the error mean that I'm not jailbroken, not JB bridged, or does it show that I haven't installed KUAL properly? I'm looking for anything to narrow down the possibilities!
mrricheyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:20 AM   #105
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrricheyrich View Post
- - - -
My Amazon devices page tells me it is a Kindle (7th Generation) and it is a touchscreen device. Not sure what that makes it but if it's the basic version so be it.
- - - -
KT-2
See: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote