Name:	DqTzJuk.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	159893   Click image for larger version

Name:	SWDifuM.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	159894  

Last edited by issybird; 11-08-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Oversize images thumbnailed.
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #62
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
I am also excited about upcoming 10.3'' Note device. It seems like a good compromise, and value for money.

Max 2 seems great but the price tag is quite steep. On the other hand, Note has the same processor, Android 6 and hdmi which seems like a mini Max 2 version without couple extras.

I don't know what the price will be but based on N96 and Max prices I expect something between 400-500 euros including taxes, probably closer to 500. That would be a good deal. Matching price with Remarkable would be a mistake I think, since they will be different devices created for different purposes.

10.3'' is quite enough for me tbh, even for mirroring computer/display with couple font size and other tweaks should be more than enough for writing/programming. I had 9.7'' e-reader before and it was enough for me for every pdf, I don't need 13.3'' for pdf (don't get me wrong, it's nice to have more screen space but imho not worth the price).

I like that Note's screen is flash with the bezel, anyone who used e.g. Voyage knows that it makes quite the difference. Shame there is no frontlight but I assume it's needed to bring down the price tag.

The first news about Note didn't say anything about hdmi (in March I think..) so it's nice that Onyx decided to add it later. I think it shows that they listen to customers/market. Let's hope that they don't jump the gun as usual and offer a polished product
Including taxes I bet it will cost about 600€, cause Max 2 is near 900€

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #63
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nneo View Post
Hi all,
I just want to share my new T76ML Carta Plus pictures
Hello,

Nice pictures, but they don't respect the graphic chart, something like 600 x 400, verify this ...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #64
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello,

Nice pictures, but they don't respect the graphic chart, something like 600 x 400, verify this ...

The images have been re-sized as Attachments, in order respect our Posting Guidelines.

Thanks.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #65
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Hi, I think this is a new video about the Note!
https://youtu.be/KEdwlrxnvAg
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #66
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Another new video on max 2 portrait mode : https://youtu.be/QdygQGtHZzw

It would be great if Booxtor or anybody could share an expected release date for the note.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #67
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreras View Post
Another new video on max 2 portrait mode : https://youtu.be/QdygQGtHZzw

It would be great if Booxtor or anybody could share an expected release date for the note.
Somebody did.

Quote:
Answering my own question:
Max 2 will start selling 11th Nov in China.
Price: 4,980 CNY (€646).

Note follows in December.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=50
Not a firm date perhaps, but the info about the Max 2 was correct so it the info about the Note might be as well. However, given that they don't have a prototype out yet, I'm thinking that December might be a little too optimistic.

Elsewhere, I seem to remember somebody saying it could be expected in January 2018.

But it is coming and relatively soon or so it appears. Can hardly wait. Was initially more excited about the Max 2, but now this seems more suited to my needs/desires (given that I already have a Max).
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #68
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Huh must have forgotten, thanks for reminding me.

With the microsd removed from the max 2, the note becomes more interesting. Ironically the main advantage it still has is note taking on A4 pdf documents, on the 10.3" screen there isn't much space left.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #69
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreras View Post
With the microsd removed from the max 2, the note becomes more interesting. Ironically the main advantage it still has is note taking on A4 pdf documents, on the 10.3" screen there isn't much space left.
Someone wrote that there is a TF card ... Really, no TF card or SD card or something else to extend or to have some books without using USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #70
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
The note, with 2Gb of Ram would be perfect
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #71
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
The note, with 2Gb of Ram would be perfect
It may not need such RAM size. Think what people of remarKable have achieved with only 512MB.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #72
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
It may not need such RAM size. Think what people of remarKable have achieved with only 512MB.
Necessary indeed, Note isn't a Reader, it's a tablet with e'ink screen,but in this category, a bad tablet.
OB has a positioning product problem, are they a tablet or ereader-devices?
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #73
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
Necessary indeed, Note isn't a Reader, it's a tablet with e'ink screen,but in this category, a bad tablet.
OB has a positioning product problem, are they a tablet or ereader-devices?
I wonder. ReMarkable isn't strictly an ereader, nor is it a tablet. It seems to be a note taking/sketching device with limited reading capabilities. They seem to be able to do a lot with what seems to be very limited hardware.

OB, on the other hand, seems more like an ereader with limited note taking/sketching capabilities. Certainly not a tablet, unless their other products are very different than the Max.

Although one can install some apps on OB, I would argue that that doesn't make it a tablet. Perhaps it will become one with this latest incarnation. I wouldn't mind. However, I would happily settle for a cross between what they can do now with some of the bugs worked out and with a little bit of Sony and reMarkable capabilities added into the mix.

All that said, the new specs with the increased RAM look very promising. I hope they get it right. There's a lot of potential there.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #74
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I wonder. ReMarkable isn't strictly an ereader, nor is it a tablet. It seems to be a note taking/sketching device with limited reading capabilities. They seem to be able to do a lot with what seems to be very limited hardware.

OB, on the other hand, seems more like an ereader with limited note taking/sketching capabilities. Certainly not a tablet, unless their other products are very different than the Max.

Although one can install some apps on OB, I would argue that that doesn't make it a tablet. Perhaps it will become one with this latest incarnation. I wouldn't mind. However, I would happily settle for a cross between what they can do now with some of the bugs worked out and with a little bit of Sony and reMarkable capabilities added into the mix.

All that said, the new specs with the increased RAM look very promising. I hope they get it right. There's a lot of potential there.
More RAM is needed because Android 6, not by embedded app Neoreader for example!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #75
Boreras
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
More RAM is needed because Android 6, not by embedded app Neoreader for example!
Now that you mention it having more apps etc available does increase the need for microsd. If I remember correctly, it was marshmallow that reintroduced proper microsd usage for apps. It's very unfortunate it is not available, the added cost to the bill of material is probably only a few dollars at best.