Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #16
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
I am beginning to think that these issues are related to fakereg. the pw4 has never been connected to wifi, nor registered.

I just created reginfo file with runme.sh.

everything appeared to be working fine except LibrarianSync.

All other kindle functions seem to be fine. SS in cover mode is working. Kindle explorer, terminal, manual collections, navigation inside books, search inside and outside a book -- all seem to be fine.

ETA: Vocabulary builder is working fine with AZW3, does not work with MOBI.

Last edited by fllc; 12-14-2018 at 07:14 PM.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #17
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess I will wait until somebody with 5.10.2 can verify that LibrarianSync works.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's in the realm of possibilities that the API is throwing something unexpected to LS on un/fake-registered devices.

But I wouldn't discard a bad interaction with my current snapshots of Python third-party modules either .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 PM   #19
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
I am beginning to think that these issues are related to fakereg. the pw4 has never been connected to wifi, nor registered.
Can you try this fake reg:
https://yadi.sk/d/Q9Y37V62pLfSb
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #20
fllc
has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Can you try this fake reg:
https://yadi.sk/d/Q9Y37V62pLfSb
I started with this. It wasn't packaged for my combination. So I essentially did the same via runme.sh. It worked fine.

So far, after trying to do as many different functions as possible on Kindle (native and add-ons), the only obvious problem is LS. Even in LS, "export" works, but "rebuild from folders" throws errors.

My only other package that uses Python is SS. It works fine in cover mode.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #21
fllc
has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
But I wouldn't discard a bad interaction with my current snapshots of Python third-party modules either .
I will try any test script if that helps!
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
Possible. On my completely unregistered PW4 (no fakereg, either), LibrarianSync works fine. That's on factory 5.10.0.2, though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
fllc
has been

Case closed: NiLuJe fixed Python (see LS thread) and now everything is working as expected.

To summarize:

PW4 8gb WiFi G000PP

Jailbroken on 5.10.0.2 with no problems and updated to 5.10.2.

Never connected to wifi. fakereg.

Jaibreak is fine. Installed KUAL, Python, SS, LS, USBNET, Koreader, Term, Kindle explorer, datetime, halt, helper, leafpad, prune orphans.

Collections, vocabulary builder and all other Kindle functions that require registration are all working fine.

Thank you all for your help! A huge THANK YOU to NiLuJe!!!
Old 12-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The proper fix will be rolled in the next snapshots, I'm just waiting to finish my KindleTool refactor before shipping those .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote