Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 02:34 AM   #1
angryunicorn
angryunicorn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad Pro 9.7"
Bulk editing titles w/ reg expressions

Hi there! Because I have an eInk Kindle, I've spent years putting the series data in the title (along with the series field) so I would know the series order without having to double check. I recent realized I could set up a plugboard to do that instead and I've been removing series from titles slowly by hand, but since I have about 5,000 books in Calibre, it's taking forever!

I've been trying to figure out how to use a bulk edit + search & replace using regular expressions to remove the series from titles en masse, but I haven't been successful yet. Can anyone help me out? All of my series' titles are in the following format:

Title (Series #1)
Title (Series #2)

Example with real titles:

River of Teeth (River of Teeth #1)
Taste of Marrow (River of Teeth #2)

I don't need to transfer the series info to the series field because I already input that when adding the books; I just need to remove it from the series field and cleanup my library! :)

Thank you in advance for any help!
angryunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Here you go. Do HAVE A BACKUP and validate the sample results ONLY grab what was desired
The clue you need to escape the ( and ) so they are treated as their literal forms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoSeries in title.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	175830  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
michelmno
michelmno began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad 3
You may try following search string in the bulk change