Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #61
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It's amazing how often people do not read rules, guidelines, instructions, etc.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #62
trandism
trandism began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there. I have a tough one for you, couldn't find them anywhere.
Astonishing Adventures of the Barsac Mission by Jules Verne
Part I - Into the Niger Bend
Part II - City in the Sahara
trandism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #63
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I could only find the French original (here: http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/L’Éton...mission_Barsac) and a German print version (http://www.j-verne.de/verne76.html) but I'm afraid that's not what you're looking for.

And it may be that any English translation is still copyright protected.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are lots of Jules Verne books which aren't available in English. This does seem to be among them, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #65
trandism
trandism began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yeah... After all it came out in 1919.. I'm afraid I have to order the paperbacks from amazon or search for the mediocre greek translation I read 20 years ago. Thanks for trying. I'm a new one here, this forum seems huge.
trandism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #66
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm surprised that I haven't seen any of Kenneth Roberts' historical novels anywhere (not referring specifically to MR). By my admittedly limited knowledge on the subject, his 1957 death should place his works in the public domain in Life+50 countries, no? I've seen a few of his pre-1923 essays, but none of his historical novels. Am I missing some technicality of copyright law that is keeping these works out of Canadian PD?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, they are in the Canadian public domain.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks Harry! I'll hold out hope to see them available someday, then.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #69
Sandancer
Sandancer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there can anybody help me here please I'm looking for any books by Leo Kessler
Sandancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Hi there can anybody help me here please I'm looking for any books by Leo Kessler
You won't find any here. He only died in 2007. None of his books are public domain yet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #71
kretchniv
kretchniv began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi. Does anyone have Michael z. Williamsons new book "When diplomacy fails"?
kretchniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kretchniv View Post
Baen has it for $6.

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1640-whe...acy-fails.aspx
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretchniv View Post
Yes, I have it. I'm sure that lots of other people have it, too. Are you conducting some sort of ownership survey?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #74
goldshirt9
Nameless Being

deleted

Last edited by goldshirt9; 08-09-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: wrong section
Old 08-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just how many times does it need to be said?

MOBILEREAD IS NOT A PIRATE BOOK SITE. THIS IS THE VERY LAST TIME I'M GOING TO SAY THIS. ANYONE WHO ASKS FOR A COPYRIGHTED BOOK FROM THIS MOMENT FORWARD WILL BE BANNED.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-09-2012 at 04:18 AM.