Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-29-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
maste1970
maste1970 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
HELP please: Moving library between two devices

Hello,
i just bought a new tablet and I'm trying to recreate my 12000 ebooks library connecting Calibre Companion app on my new device to Calibre on my Mac. I moved my microsd from the old device to the new one but no book appears. If I try a wireless connection between the new device and Calibre, after few minutes waiting this appears:
"There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time".
Is it something that can be done or i have to reset the microsd and re upload all the books?
Thank you very much in advance for any help, i'm desperate!!!
Best regards.
maste1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:43 AM   #2
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
The answer is going to depend on versions of SO of your tablet and the CC app. First, you are mentioning a SD card, so I suppose you are running an Android tablet, which Android version?
Which Android version ran your previous tablet?
Which version of CC have you installed in your new tablet, is it the one from the Google Play Store or a backup of an older version? This is important because latest versions of CC in the Play Store are the ones posted by the new owner, and to put it mildly, they messed the functionality available in older versions. I don't know if the ability to read and write in the SD card is one of them.
Related to connectivity between the tablet and your Mac, are you sure they are in the same wifi network? At home I have two networks available, one on the 2.4G band and one on the 5G band, when my PC and my tablet are on different bands, they are not able to connect.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert