Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile [5.3.2] PW input methods and localizations can be installed now...

The new 5.3.2 firmware seems to have made KT's software quite like PW.
After installing the 5.3.2 firmware, I noticed that Chinese and Japanese input methods are still not available on Kindle Touch. But extracting the keyboard.cramfs.img from the PW update bin and putting it onto KT proves working. (Just extract it then overwrite /usr/share/keyboard.cramfs.img )
(I'm not quite sure about the localization part and I didn't test it, but probably that should work as well.)
So TECHNICALLY backporting these features for ordinary KT users is just making a update bin that contain the cramfs image from PW (but yeah maybe one couldn't distribute it!)
So, except for those directly related to hardware, does anyone know what's missing from this firmware that is available on PW? ( well, not those dictionaries from Cloud though. I guess Amazon is not giving dictionaries of a language that is not officially supported. )
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
felixwbi
felixwbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile How to Extract?

Good Job and Thank you that you found the solution to it!
But do you know how to extract that file and how did you do that?
Which software are you using? Is it a jailbreak? Or a Kindle alternative file browser?

But anyway thanks for discovering.
felixwbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert