Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2022, 10:15 PM   #46
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Just a quick note to say that InkBox will support Aura 2 N236 v1 (i.MX6SL) in the next release
Clara HD support is on its way, we've got some testers and it should be done fairly soon.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:41 AM   #47
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
Thumbs up

Thank you - I look forward to trying it on my Elipsa some day as well. I looked at the project a while ago and starred/followed it on Github so I can keep up with updates but haven't made the leap to trying it on my device yet as I use it fairly frequently for work.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:51 AM   #48
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab78727 View Post
Thank you - I look forward to trying it on my Elipsa some day as well. I looked at the project a while ago and starred/followed it on Github so I can keep up with updates but haven't made the leap to trying it on my device yet as I use it fairly frequently for work.
Hello,
Thanks for the support!
It seems you may have chosen the wrong device for InkBox... First, it has an eMMC, which doesn't completely rule out the porting possibility, but makes changes more persistent and less portable.
Second, it runs on the Allwinner B300 SoC, which has a completely different framebuffer API that would probably require the kobo-platform-plugin that InkBox uses to be updated in-depth.
The Nickel packages are outdated and unmaintained too, and probably wouldn't work on your device anyway due to the reason mentioned above.

There's good news though: I set up an emulator of InkBox OS that permits you to run it on a x86_64 PC via qemu-system-arm. https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/emu
See video for demo: https://youtu.be/qDo9HatyieY
If you want a real device, I suggest you look for Touch N905B/C, Glo or Mini listings near you. Usually they sell for pretty cheap and support for them is well-integrated in InkBox OS.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:12 AM   #49
cybersimbiot
cybersimbiot began at the beginning.

Device: kobo toch n905b
Hello . Does Inkbox OS have Russian language support?
cybersimbiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:00 PM   #50
NiMa
Evangelist

Sadly not currently. Even myself, as a native French speaker, haven't taken the time to set up a proper translations system.
Might come in the future though...

General side-note : Kobo Glo HD support should be added in 1.9 too
Old 02-03-2022, 03:54 AM   #51
joopnexus
joopnexus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Did you fix your Kobo Glo HD (no more server?)

As a Kobo Glo HD user: Great news, looking forward!
joopnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #52
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joopnexus View Post
Did you fix your Kobo Glo HD (no more server?)

As a Kobo Glo HD user: Great news, looking forward!
I bought a new one
Old 02-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #53
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
Looks good, but
Time is in UTC and can not be changed
No special signs like $#&% when entering the WiFi password

Kobo Touch n905b
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:00 PM   #54
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxArie View Post
Looks good, but
Time is in UTC and can not be changed
No special signs like $#&% when entering the WiFi password

Kobo Touch n905b
Took note of that, thanks. Will try my best.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:01 PM   #55
NiMa
Evangelist

I'm pleased to announce that thanks to @Szybet, Kobo Nia (N306) support will come with 1.9 release!
Expect it by 2-3 weeks, to be optimistic?
Old 02-20-2022, 04:25 PM   #56
loop_device
loop_device began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Boox Nova 2, a few Kindle 4 NT
Note for the moderators: Sorry about the superfluous posts, I'm not familiar with the moderation policy yet.

Here is roughly how I watched the video:
Quote:
GIF of an amazed cat my post keeps getting removed for
It's clear how much thought and work you've put into it. What a feature set! Impressive as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
I've repurposed my old and broken Glo HD by installing MediaWiki on it
Insane. I love it.

Now for a probably anticipated question: How much work do you think a Kindle (Touch) port would be? I see your repo includes linux-2.6.35 sources, which seems close enough to the KT's 2.6.31. Does the app depend on the kernel in any way? Apart from that, is it mostly the Qt platform module that'd need to be ported? (This is mostly a curiosity-question, I probably wouldn't have the time to do it)
loop_device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:26 PM   #57
loop_device

Note for the moderators: Sorry about the superfluous posts, I'm not familiar with the moderation policy yet.

It's clear how much thought and work you've put into it. What a feature set! Impressive as hell.

Quote:
I've repurposed my old and broken Glo HD by installing MediaWiki on it
Insane. I love it.

Now for a probably anticipated question: How much work do you think a Kindle (Touch) port would be? I see your repo includes linux-2.6.35 sources, which seems close enough to the KT's 2.6.31. Does the app depend on the kernel in any way? Apart from that, is it mostly the Qt platform module that'd need to be ported? (This is mostly a curiosity-question, I probably wouldn't have the time to do it)
Old 02-20-2022, 06:21 PM   #58
NiMa
Evangelist

Hello,
...Maybe? It would be probably easier if I could get my hands on one. 2.6.35.3 and 2.6.31 don't seem too far apart, you're right, maybe even mainline could be ported to it in some way. I think the hardware could be compatible, but yeah, the platform plugin might need some work.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:25 PM   #59
loop_device

Quote:
It would be probably easier if I could get my hands on one
Are you interested in having a look? What are the prices for used ones in you area? I would be interested in sponsoring the hardware, if you'd like.

Quote:
even mainline could be ported to it in some way
I'm definitely interested in that as well, unfortunately lacking the skills so far (even setting up a normal kernel compilation I find hard, I have made some simple patches for kernel modules before, though).

I bought a few Kindle 4 NTs (would've gotten Kobos too, but both they and their German Tolino counterparts are nowhere near as cheap), so I definitely have some ammunition for messing around.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Since the master branch of the QPA has mostly switched to FBInk, a port to any and all FBInk-supported platforms was made that much easier ;o).

(On the plus side, Kindles happen to have sane input reports ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote