Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #706
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
So how do we delete Koreader again? It was said to delete the files you uploaded on the internet, but which files should be deleted exactly?
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:46 PM   #707
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
It's in koreader directory. Where did you put it exactly, it's a bit hard to tell. Just find koreader directory and delete it.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:48 PM   #708
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
IIRC, dropbox stuff is in .kobo/dropbox, which means you kinda need to enable showing hidden directories first. You can then create a shortcut to the dropbox folder and/or set it as Home and disable showing hidden files again. Or simply keep that on .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:11 PM   #709
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I installed Koreader on Kobo Sage. I have observed that it discharges faster (v 4.31).
Has a similar situation occurred?
Battery life was better after 4.31 update. However, when Koreader is installed, it seems to be the same as before.
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:06 PM   #710
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Read the first and second message in this thread. In the first message, pay attention to item #4. The one that reads: (NOTE: On FW >= 4.17, you'll need to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders. Then try reinstalling using the scripts from the second message. Since Nickel will delete files when they disappear, you may have to run the install script twice.
I never had this happen on my ClaraHD, thank you for clarifying that.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:45 PM   #711
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@HknGrss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Updated w/ KOReader 2021.11, which follows the couple of updates in the last few days for the two Plato releases.

Which means everything now supports the Libra 2 & Sage.

A couple of known gotchas on those devices, though:

* Both Plato & KOReader may be exacerbating latent Libra 2 issues, resulting in semi-random reboots. See this GH issue for more details and some potential workarounds.
* On the Sage, both Plato & KOReader will currently exhibit slightly higher power drain, and that's in addition to the already pretty terrible power efficiency on the Sage.
As mentioned in my answer in that thread, I will eventually work on auto-suspend in KOReader (mainly to see how much it actually helps/hurts), but I currently don't have the time to do so. For interested tinkerers, my *extremely* WIP branch is public, but currently stale, I intend to rebase it ASAP, though.
Haven't had time to work on that so far .
Old 02-03-2022, 05:01 AM   #712
bettonnotteb
bettonnotteb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h2o
Just a quick note to say that I upgraded the firmware on my kobo libra h2o from 4.28.18220 to 4.31.19086 and didn't have to reinstall kfmon. The nickelmenu in the lower right is available. I don't use the icons to go to koreader.

Last edited by bettonnotteb; 02-03-2022 at 05:40 AM.
bettonnotteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #713
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bettonnotteb: that just means you were actually using a pure-NickelMenu setup. There's zero chance of KFMon surviving a successful update .
Old 02-06-2022, 03:05 PM   #714
R1ck
R1ck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Trying to install KOReader on a Kobo Nia. The directions are confusing me, so excuse my ignorance. The second line reads to download Windows install script, but when I click on it to do so it opens a window in github with lots of info and directions. What am I missing?
R1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:18 PM   #715
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
Trying to install KOReader on a Kobo Nia. The directions are confusing me, so excuse my ignorance. The second line reads to download Windows install script, but when I click on it to do so it opens a window in github with lots of info and directions. What am I missing?
Try right clicking on the link and then save link as to save the install.ps1 file instead of opening it to view.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:18 PM   #716
ealt
ealt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Help?

I've tried to use the script but it doesn't even register that my Kobo is mounted. It is - and I can see it and navigate through the directory - but still no dice. Any suggestions? I'm on a Mac running 12.2.1 and have a Kobo H2O.
ealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:07 PM   #717
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I guess it's entirely plausible stuff behaves differently on either newer macOS releases and/or aarch64 chips. Someone with one of those will have to check, though, as my old Air is still running an old release w/ x86 support.

Not near it right now, but I'd check if the diskutil call needs some tweaks. Which wouldn't surprise me, because attempting to "parse" XML via a dumb grep, tail & cut pipeline was bound to break at some point ;p.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-17-2022 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:59 PM   #718
iandol
Enthusiast
iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
New release of Plato: https://github.com/baskerville/plato...ses/tag/0.9.26
iandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:37 AM   #719
mandarancza
mandarancza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Does anybody know if distionary lookup account for reading time too?
mandarancza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:51 AM   #720
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
It's more than likely I misunderstood, so am seeking clarification:

The KFMon OCP says "KFMon (use this after a FW update)" and so, having just "updated" my Sage by downgrading to 4.30, I thought that might mean I could avoid having to reinstall KOReader from scratch by using the KFMon OCP. I downloaded it into the same folder as the ps1 script, but when I ran the script in Power Shell it said that no suitable packages were found?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato