Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
jmite
jmite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T1
Export annotations with context from PRS-T1?

I've seen that using both the Reader desktop app, and the calibre plugins, you can export all of the annotations from an epub from a Sony PSR-T1 reader.

The problem is, I'm proofreading a manuscript for someone else, and I'd like to be able to give them the list of annotations and have them find what it's referring to. If I highlight one word and write a note, then the exported annotations list just contains that one word, which might occur multiple times on the page, and is hard for the reader to find.

So if I have "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog", and I have a note on "jumped", right now I see "Page: 1, highlighted: jumped, note:...".

What I want is "Page: 1, highlighted: brown fox *jumped* over the, note..." i.e. see some words surrounding the highlighting so the reader can find it in the text easily.

i've looked in the Sqlite3 .db file, and there seems to be a binary blob storing the position in the epub, but I don't know how to decode it.
jmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Give him the T1 to read for himself.
The adnotations will keep their places as long as one does not repaginate the book, eg by changing the font size.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, highlighting, notes, sqlite