Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 01:03 PM   #31
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@baskerville: Yep, I should have made that clearer. Would your example work, given the "sandwich", or would that need some trickery like @frostschutz did?
I don't know, I didn't get @frostschutz trickery.

EDIT: I understand @frostschutz hack now: the sandwiched regexp matches any path with a hidden directory/file. I prefer not to play with fire here and just cooperate with the sandwich. I've tested my regexp and it seems to work fine.

Quote:
EDIT: If I put my brain in "regexp mode", I think it looks fine for that purpose, but I haven't tested it . (i.e., accepts zero or more "classic" directories in front of an hidden one).
Yes.

Quote:
EDIT²: The first group might fail to match for a single-character folder name, though, right?
Oops, fixed in the original post.

Last edited by baskerville; 09-22-2019 at 06:01 AM.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:08 PM   #32
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I would like to exclude vlasovsoft folder as well. How would I do this with the conf file?

Thanks
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Define exclude. And explain what you're currently doing and what your issue is, exactly.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #34
Nemo1984
Connoisseur

I currently have PBChess installed. It comes with its own screensavers. Also, the manga reader in pbchess downloads manga as images.

Because of that, the screensavers and manga's individual pages show up along with my regulars books.

The folder vlasovsoft is where all these images are stored. I would like to exclude this folder from my library using the kobo.conf file.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And where is that folder, and what is it named, exactly? And what are you currently using as the setting, if any?
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #36
Nemo1984
Connoisseur

The folder is ".kobo/vlasovsoft". Under that, there are various folders that needs to be excluded. EG: screensaver, manga. Current settings are:
\\\.(?!kobo|adobe|vlasovsoft).*?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That definitely won't work .

You'll either want to get rid of the kobo exclusion (which ends up being an *inclusion*, in practice), with the potential side-effects that may entail (if any): ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!adobe).*?

Or put on a regexp thinking cap and devise one that matches a specific subfolder inside .kobo while still allowing .kobo itself, and still matching other top-level (or not, if you want to get fancy) hidden folders. That option is somewhat above my pay grade.

Sidebar: Do note that putting stuff inside the .kobo folder is a terrible idea: it'll get wiped without a second thought by a signout, something which can be forced upon you in case of database corruption.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-27-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #38
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
(not tested)

\\.(?!kobo(?!/vlasovsoft)|adobe).*?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #39
Nemo1984
Connoisseur

Quote:
That definitely won't work .

You'll either want to get rid of the kobo exclusion (which ends up being an *inclusion*, in practice), with the potential side-effects that may entail (if any): ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!adobe).*?

Or put on a regexp thinking cap and devise one that matches a specific subfolder inside .kobo while still allowing .kobo itself, and still matching other top-level (or not, if you want to get fancy) hidden folders. That option is somewhat above my pay grade.

Sidebar: Do note that putting stuff inside the .kobo folder is a terrible idea: it'll get wiped without a second thought by a signout, something which can be forced upon you in case of database corruption.
That worked great, thanks! As for the .kobo folder, I am aware that it might get wiped. Everything important is also in .backup on root.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Before anyone asks, we're still golden on 4.18 . And it appears to have fixed a spurious import screen issue we'd been experiencing on 4.17.

(And the default patterns have been fixed, as far as the . != \. thing goes ).
Old 10-09-2019, 02:02 AM   #41
sirzur
sirzur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo mini
I use Cool reader to read my books on Kobo Glo which are stored in a /books directory in the microsd card. There are about 2000 books in this directory, mainly stored in subdirectories.

What setting should I have in the "ExcludeSyncFolders" to prevent nickel from scanning the directories every time I do a reset? Nickel takes an excruciating long time "importing content" when I reset the reader and since I don't use that as my reader, it does not need to be accessed by nickel

Thanks
sirzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #42
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzur View Post
I use Cool reader to read my books on Kobo Glo which are stored in a /books directory in the microsd card. There are about 2000 books in this directory, mainly stored in subdirectories.

What setting should I have in the "ExcludeSyncFolders" to prevent nickel from scanning the directories every time I do a reset? Nickel takes an excruciating long time "importing content" when I reset the reader and since I don't use that as my reader, it does not need to be accessed by nickel
If you don't want to import when you reset, you won't be able to do this with a config option, as that will be cleared when you sign out or reset. Here is a build of my mod (and the source) which will persist unless you do a full reset (which also wipes your books) or you manually remove it over telnet or ssh. You'll need to copy KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo dir.

Tell me if this works for you (it shouldn't attempt to import anything new from any dir named books anymore). Note that this will probably remove the book from nickel (but not the sd card), so you may want to make a copy of the contents of KOBOeReader first.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobo-dotfile-hack_f1a6243--hide-books-dir.zip (6.4 KB, 373 views)

Last edited by geek1011; 10-09-2019 at 09:24 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #43
Nemo1984
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you don't want to import when you reset, you won't be able to do this with a config option, as that will be cleared when you sign out or reset. Here is a build of my mod (and the source) which will persist unless you do a full reset (which also wipes your books) or you manually remove it over telnet or ssh. You'll need to copy KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo dir.

Tell me if this works for you (it shouldn't attempt to import anything new from any dir named books anymore). Note that this will probably remove the book from nickel (but not the sd card), so you may want to make a copy of the contents of KOBOeReader first.
Is this any different than the patch in the first post?
Old 10-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #44
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1984 View Post
Is this any different than the patch in the first post?
Yes, it's a slightly newer build (with logging, and some internal cleanup by NiLuJe), plus it hides any dir named "books" as well as dotfiles/dirs based on sirzur's request.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #45
Nemo1984
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes, it's a slightly newer build (with logging, and some internal cleanup by NiLuJe), plus it hides any dir named "books" as well as dotfiles/dirs based on sirzur's request.
Ok thanks. I will stear clear of that one, I need my books folder scanned.

Tags
hack, hidden, import, kobo, ldpreload