Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
nathanashton
nathanashton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
MoonReader - Scraping PDF Metadata

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone would have any interest in an Android app to scrape metadata for your PDF's (via Google Books / Amazon) and have it insert into MoonReader?

I've built a proof of concept app that does exactly that, but want to gauge interest before spending any more time on it.

Cheers
nathanashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #2
leitz
Connoisseur
leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanashton View Post
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone would have any interest in an Android app to scrape metadata for your PDF's (via Google Books / Amazon) and have it insert into MoonReader?

I've built a proof of concept app that does exactly that, but want to gauge interest before spending any more time on it.

Cheers
What do you mean by "scrape" metadata? Did you mean extract the metadata from the PDF file?

What purpose does it serve to insert [unsure what is to be inserted] into Moonreader?
leitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:56 AM   #3
nathanashton
nathanashton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry, scraping as in pulling images, description, authors etc from the internet.
nathanashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
leitz
Connoisseur
leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I don't have a need to pull images, description etc from a PDF file.

If this is online web based, I may try it for the fun of it.

Not interested if this is app because I don't like installing unnecessary app into my phone or unnecessary software into my computer.

If your goal is to make money through ads, you can still make money from ads on a web-based software. For example, this web-based image resizer (http://www.picresize.com/), I used it a lot. No software to install. The author made money from the ads.

If you want some ideas about what is in demand, it is a online 1080P YouTube downloader. There are plenty of online (web-based) 720P YouTube downloader on the web but few or none online 1080P YouTube downloader exists in the market. Those that claim to download 1080P usually downloads a 1080P video without audio.
leitz is offline   Reply With Quote