Notices

Old 09-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Question Kindle, Calibre, annotations, bookmarks, in and out

Hello,

I am long time user of Kindle (paperwhite) and calibre. So far I am using sending my mobi docs and books to amazon to be able to keep my notes, bookmarks and read position between my Kindle, iPad and iPhone.

For longer time however I am mostly using only Kindle for reading, however I feel rather uncomfortable to keep all my docs on somebody else HDD. Call me old fashioned, if you like.

In any case, I would love to have all my books in calibre and being able to send them to kindle. Once I made my notes, highlights and bookmarks on kindle I would like to store them on calibre. And being able to (after I deleted book from kindle) send a book from calibre back to kindle and have all note, highlight and bookmarks back.

I do not need see them on PC, I just like to have full transfer from kindle to calibre and back while keeping not only book but all additional things I have created in it while reading it.

Is this possible? If yes can you please tell me how?
Thank you very much for your kind answer.

-richo-
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps this could help you, although it doesn't have anything to do with calibre, it works for me:

Tutorial linux backup of Kindle, annotations/pagenumbers/stuff with rsync
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #3
richo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Perhaps this could help you, although it doesn't have anything to do with calibre, it works for me:

Tutorial linux backup of Kindle, annotations/pagenumbers/stuff with rsync
Great thank you this is certainly very useful!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Great thank you this is certainly very useful!
Awesome!

You can report your experiences on that thread, I'd love to hear what other people think of it. How helpful it was, suggestions for improvement, recommended scheduling, refining the exclusions, etc.

I don't know whether you use Windows, but if you do, I'd appreciate seeing any setups using FreeFileSync or other Windows tools, to make my setup cross-platform.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-29-2014 at 01:22 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
richo
Connoisseur

Two years gone ;-)
I am still looking for a proper way to sync my notes, highlights and bookmarks. I first want it them to be synchronized between two devices I use mostly for reading. My PW and my Phone. Best I found was eInk device running Android and phone with Android both running Alreader and sync over the cloud.

As goof as Alreader is this solution was not fully satisfying me, mainly because Android eInk devices are rather under powered.

At the end I returned to my PW and found reading on it the best. I decided to use PW as the only place to read my books and articles.

I build quite extensive library of books and articles. Much bigger then it can ever fit on PW. Therefore synchronization as you @eschwartz proposed in your rsync tool is not really possible.

I have all those books in calibre. I would love to have option to use calibre as my library I can load book to/from PW including all those side files where bookmarks/highlights... are.

Did you progress in your endeavor in this direction?
Or maybe do you have an idea how to do what I wrote about?

Thank you @eschwartz or anybody else for constructive thoughts

-r-
Advert

Tags
annotations, bookmark, calibre, kindle