Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
whudwl
David.D
whudwl began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
Smile Koreader: does it support adding note?

I did some googling on this topic but found nothing.
I jailbroken by KPW a few days ago and installed koreader version 2014.04.
When I select a piece of text, the Highlight and translate buttons are lighted up, but the "add note", "share", "more" buttons are greyed out(disabled).

This question may be dumb, but does koreader support adding notes or not?
whudwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
jsv
jsv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2; ASUS ME302C
Quote:
Originally Posted by whudwl View Post
does koreader support adding notes or not?
It doesn't yet. See this post for a bit more detail.
jsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
And a full features list can be found here.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #4
whudwl
David.D
whudwl began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
Talking Thank you!

Thank you so much for replying on this.

I was looking at the release notes of koreader at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

The release note of v2014.05.02-nightly says:
add option to export highlights and notes to Evernote Yinxiang

What does this mean? Is is possible that they implemented the feature of note taking in the latest nightly build?
whudwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by whudwl View Post
Thank you so much for replying on this.

I was looking at the release notes of koreader at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

The release note of v2014.05.02-nightly says:
add option to export highlights and notes to Evernote Yinxiang

What does this mean? Is is possible that they implemented the feature of note taking in the latest nightly build?
Given that the Evernote plugin is able to export highlights and notes from the Amazon native reader, what the release note saying doesn't mean you can take notes in Koreader. But taking notes will be added soon and when it's finished it should be reflected on the features list page.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
calyps0
calyps0 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey Frontlight
Hi,
Is there on going work on the note feature ? I think it would be a great feature.
calyps0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:49 AM   #7
mrm100
mrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW / Kobo Aura One (poss)
It's a deal-breaker for me. Any news on whether notes will ever appear?? (or whether it has done already?). With thanks,
mrm100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader