Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #1
jefferson
jefferson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
not starting, reset not working

My H20 (2014 edition) is not starting anymore
I have koreader installed and was reading a pdf when the reader stopped responding. It froze on a page with back light on. After a while the light got off.

I tried charging, pressing and holding power switch, pressing reset with a needle - all the things previously worked in this situation - nothing helps.
The reader still shows same frozen page. After connecting to charger, laptop or pressing power button the led turns on for several seconds like it's going to boot (laptop recognizes "NS Blank Codex" but doesn't show the drive), than it goes off again.
There was an update recently which I chose to handle as "partial update" by the manager at the start (forgot the name) where you choose between nickel and koreader, but the reader has worked fine after the update
jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
jefferson

Tryed holding power and tapping corners as well, not sure how it should work
Old 09-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
jefferson

What should I do? Disassemble and disconnect battery? Flash sd card? Where do I get the firmware? Try something else?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I think you may get faster response in the regular Kobo Reader forum instead of the Developer's Corner...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
does the power LED still blink when turning it off, and on again (by holding for XX seconds twice)?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
does the power LED still blink when turning it off, and on again (by holding for XX seconds twice)?
It doesn't blink. It goes on for some seconds and than turnes off again. The screen doesnt't change
Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #7
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
try replacing the sd card then

careful when opening this device, a lot of glue all around, easy to break the display
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:48 AM   #8
jefferson

I did this. Don't know what exactly did the trick: I disconnected the battery and removed the sd card and put it into my laptop. After reinserting the card the device booted again.
The device wasn't even reset to factory settings after all my recovery attempts

Last edited by jefferson; 09-15-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Tags
factory reset, koreader, koreader/nickel, reset, resetting