Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does it work on this ebook reader?

i have a kobo mini touch screen from a few years ago and it is nightmare to use in that the idiot designers did not add a back button to the search or to anything else

you have to go menu or home screen each time and every time...a long convoluted process

i was wandering if koreader can be installed on it and if it has normal explorer type functionality instead.

i tried the search but only found confusing results.

has anyone installed koreader on the kobo mini and give me a pointer on how to do it?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If you were asking if browsing follows the directory tree, yes, it does (i.e., it's aptly named "File Manager").

As for install options, see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If you were asking if browsing follows the directory tree, yes, it does (i.e., it's aptly named "File Manager").

As for install options, see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
i tried it but it has a bewildering set of instructions with fmon and kor reader and this and that.

i just want easy navigation and not bothered with other features.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's the name of the game with home-brew apps, you have to find a way to launch stuff, and it's always going to be platform-specific.

That said, if the prospect of unpacking two files in the right place seems "bewildering" to you, then I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's the name of the game with home-brew apps, you have to find a way to launch stuff, and it's always going to be platform-specific.

That said, if the prospect of unpacking two files in the right place seems "bewildering" to you, then I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you.
it's a lot more than 2 files and many different and 'improved' variations that's putting me off.

also if i do unpack and its doesn't work as expected can i just delete them from the root directory???

could you give me links to the 2 files that worked for kobo mini?

Tags
kobo mini, koreader