Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Koreader in Aura H2O doesn't wake up

I am using KSM 09 and latest nightly (koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1499-g016c17e). I installed koreader two days ago and when I read pdf (with reflow on) and close the magnetic cover, moreoften than not after I open cover the KOBO H2O doesn't wake up. Even when I press power button, it doesn't respond.

Pressing reset(or restart??) button at bottom restarts the device but it is cumbersome. Am I doing something wrong to have this problem?
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
How dose it work if you don't use the magnetic cover?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #3
toodeeptofind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
How dose it work if you don't use the magnetic cover?

Luck;
Ken
I haven't tried without cover till now. But these days, the unresponsive problem is not as severe as it used to be. But my friend is still getting that problem. (both purchased about 2 weeks ago). Are magnetic cover prone to creating such problems?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeeptofind View Post
I haven't tried without cover till now. But these days, the unresponsive problem is not as severe as it used to be. But my friend is still getting that problem. (both purchased about 2 weeks ago). Are magnetic cover prone to creating such problems?
If the magnet is too strong, it can still activate the switch, while it is folded back. The fix is to place a piece of Ferrous/magnetic metal behind the device to "block" the magnet when it is folded back.

You can also set KOReader to ignore the magnetic switch. (Just add this line: ["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true, {including the comma at the end} to /.adds/koreader/settings.reader.lua

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #5
toodeeptofind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If the magnet is too strong, it can still activate the switch, while it is folded back. The fix is to place a piece of Ferrous/magnetic metal behind the device to "block" the magnet when it is folded back.

You can also set KOReader to ignore the magnetic switch. (Just add this line: ["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true, {including the comma at the end} to /.adds/koreader/settings.reader.lua

Luck;
Ken
I am sorry if my message was unclear. What I meant is that (now my friend's kobo - previously also in mine but no longer somehow) whenever he reads pdf in koreader and puts on the magnetic cover. It goes to sleep. It is all right. The problem is when he opens the cover, the screen doesn't wake up and even pressing the power button once (click) doesn't work. He has to press for 4-5 sec and force restart as koreader makes unresponsive.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Again, if the magnet in the cover is too strong, and the cover is folded back behind the device, it can still activate the magnetic switch, telling the device that the screen is still covered and not to come out of suspend mode.

If that is not the problem, in your friend's case, he might want to use the additional line in the "settings.reader.lua" file. He would then use the switch to suspend the device.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
toodeeptofind

Sorry for late reply. I missed the email.

And sorry for my mistake for not understanding when you said magnet acting in flipping mode. Actually, it happens even when I put cover at 180 degrees like an open book. It simply doesn't respond to anything sometimes. Then either the power should be pressed for few seconds or sometimes even that doesn't work and need to push the reset(? or restart pin below flap) pin.

Last edited by toodeeptofind; 03-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Tags
aura h2o, koreader, koreader/nickel, unresponsive