Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #961
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
Quick question. Just received my Kobo Aura One. Should I use device's suggested options and set it up through Wifi, make an account and update firmware or are those steps unnecesary if I intend to use Koreader?
This might not be the right thread for your post. The KOReader WiKi includes instructions for "installing" KOReader on various devices including Kobos. I avoid a connection to the Kobo servers, as much as possible, but you will probably have to run through the setup process in Nickel at least once before adding KSM and KOReader. There are ways to patch Nickel so that the auto-updating and other ills can be avoided. One of the issues with the KA1 is that it needs the newer firmware, so you can't operate it using a v3.x Firmware (as far as I know).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #962
Brain
Enthusiast
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
This might not be the right thread for your post. The KOReader WiKi includes instructions for "installing" KOReader on various devices including Kobos. I avoid a connection to the Kobo servers, as much as possible, but you will probably have to run through the setup process in Nickel at least once before adding KSM and KOReader. There are ways to patch Nickel so that the auto-updating and other ills can be avoided. One of the issues with the KA1 is that it needs the newer firmware, so you can't operate it using a v3.x Firmware (as far as I know).

Luck;
Ken
Ok, so it might have been good to avoid the updating so far. Could you clarify, what "Nickel" is?
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #963
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Nickel is the Kobo user interface that lets you run all the stock software, including the two reading engines.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #964
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Yeah, two options.
There's also option #3. You convince @NiLuJe to transfer the program to the KOReader organization to decrease the bus factor.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #965
dantopa
dantopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, I have installed koreader on my Kindle Paperwhite 3 with wifi. I launch koreader via kual, the problem is when I try to turn on wifi. It always prompt me to activate wifi again and nothing happens. Maybe you can help me. Thanks
dantopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #966
lapasta
lapasta began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Hi!
My wife is a heavy Evernote user, and she went nuts when she found out that with KOReader + Evernote plugin she would be able to export the notes and highlights from her books.

I have just installed the latest nightly build on her PW1 Kindle and my KT2 Kindle.

I have logged in on Evernote just fine.

But here I got into a problem.

If I click on "Export all notes in this book", only notes created within KOReader were exported (or a blank note if none was created); all older notes made on the native reader weren't exported with it.

In addition, when I use the "Export all notes in your library" I receive the message "Multiple errors occurred while trying to export notes from book: XX and Y others". I have even tried erasing the MyClippings file and creating a brand new one, but this error persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Or I am mistaken on expecting that older notes and highlights from the native reader would be exported too?
lapasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #967
lapasta
lapasta began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Answering my own problem:
The second problem (error when using "Export all notes in your library") was related to the language of the "My Clippings.txt" file.
I had to change the clip.lua to take into account that the note type and the dates were in Portuguese instead of English.
I am not an expert in lua, so I don't know how I could make it more general to different languages.
It is working fine now.

On the other hand, "Export all notes in this book" is still only creating empty notes on Evernote, I still couldn't fix it.
lapasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #968
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapasta View Post
I had to change the clip.lua to take into account that the note type and the dates were in Portuguese instead of English.
Indeed, it looks like only Chinese and English are included here.

Could you please either submit a PR or share your precise additions here?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #969
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
The page at http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly shows three downloads for Kindle:

koreader-kindle-arm-kindle5...
koreader-kindle-legacy-arm-kindle...
koreader-kindlepw2-arm-kindlepw2...

Which is the version to be used on Kindle Voyage? I used kindle5 and kindlepw2. Both of them work, but show various errors in the crash.log file.

Last edited by hfpop; 06-24-2018 at 02:14 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #970
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, that bit of info was missing the wiki page, not anymore, thanks! .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:00 AM   #971
PeopleHunnting
PeopleHunnting began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
is it possible to change the color of the kindle backlight using software?

I mean mean yellowish for friendly nice reading
PeopleHunnting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #972
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Kindle" is a bit too vague to give you an actual answer...
Old 11-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #973
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Hi guys.

Quick question: Will the new Paperwhite coming out be able to run KOReader...??

I have the original Paperwhite, and can't imaging hot using KOReader at this point. Plus, at this point, few of my ebooks are even in Mobi at this point.

And yes, I realize it's not even out yet and any answers will be opinions...

Any thoughts..??

Thanks.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #974
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
I'm using KUAL to launch KOReader on my PW4. (On my PW3, I use kpvbooklet, but I cannot install it on the PW4 at this time, so I'm using KUAL to launch KOReader.)

Could someone clarify what the different ways to launch KOReader mean in the KUAL menu, specifically the "no framework" and the "asap" and which one is the best to use? I have searched all over and can't really find the specifics.

- Start the file manager
- Open last document

- Start the file manager (no framework)
- Open last document (no framework)

- Start the file manager (ASAP)
- Open last document (ASAP)

On my PW3, I just have always used kpvbooklet to launch a "dummy" epub file to get to the KOReader file manager. Then I stay in KOReader until I need to add another book, then I exit out, load book, open my dummy epub file to get back in to KOReader. Hope I have made sense here.

Thank you for your help.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #975
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Don't use the no framework option on FW 5.x (or, hell, anywhere except on a Kindle DX(g), actually ;p).

ASAP is basically the same as the first one, but a bit quicker, at the price of losing the guarantee(*) that the framework won't seep through the first screen KOReader opens on.

(*): Not actually a guarantee with the first option either .

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch