Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 05:00 AM   #1
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Question Adding Books to Calibre via Windows 10 SendTo Menu?

Is it possible to add a shortcut to Calibre via Windows 10 SendTo Menu?
As I get books from various sources and some of them seem to end up on my Windows Desktop before I add them to Calibre.

Would be great if I could right click the SendTo Menu & have a Calibre Shortcut there.
To add them to Calibre quickly

But it has got to be a simple answer for me maybe
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #2
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What works for me is creating a shortcut to calibredb.exe, then adding add parameter. However, that doesn't work if Calibre is already running.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2019, 05:44 AM   #3
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmat89 View Post
What works for me is creating a shortcut to calibredb.exe, then adding add parameter. However, that doesn't work if Calibre is already running.
Thanks for replying But I don't know how to do that.
To add shortcuts to the SendTo folder before I have just dragged shortcuts from the desktop etc.
Can you make it simple for me
Old 10-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Is it possible to add a shortcut to Calibre via Windows 10 SendTo Menu?
As I get books from various sources and some of them seem to end up on my Windows Desktop before I add them to Calibre.

Would be great if I could right click the SendTo Menu & have a Calibre Shortcut there.
To add them to Calibre quickly

But it has got to be a simple answer for me maybe
Works like a treat for me. I add all by books via Send to. Just copy the shortcut from the Start menu to the Send To folder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-13 204030.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	174205

I renamed the shortcut to force it to stop of list.

Caveats, books will be added to 'current' library, I use an Intake library so I make sure it's current before I start adding. If calibre isn't running when I use "Send To _calibre" Windows will start it.

To open the Send to folder Windows key+R, then shell:sendto

To open the calibre start menu

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-13 205722.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	174206

Oh, you can send multiple file in one Send To

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-13-2019 at 06:01 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
Jo69
Addict

So I just add the shortcut to my send to folder?
That's what I was struggling to find lol Looked all through the calibre program folder.
Had been looking for something that said calibre exe

But trying that will give me time later to edit the books details.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre clip.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	174207  

Last edited by Jo69; 10-13-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Advert
Old 10-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #6
Jo69
Addict

Wow tried your suggestion and it worked
Thanks so much

Have just done the same with my Kobo Ereader too
You are a star.

Last edited by Jo69; 10-13-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
SendTo is broken MS concept for people that never ever discovered files, copy & Paste or using more than a couple of applications.
I'd have shown my students, in the past, how to never use it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote