Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
How to format all books comments (book details panel) ?

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Calibre. But i've got a problem :

I would like to justify all my books comments (book details panel) so they look the same. Is there a way to format (justify or else) all comments at one time (batch) ?

I cant find the stylesheet to work on ?

Thanks a lot, guys !
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->bok details. But note that the book details pane suports only a subset of HTMLCSS https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2019, 05:11 AM   #3
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Thanks for your quick reply. So if i change attributes in the stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->book details, all books details will change ?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #4
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

It doesn't work...
Old 10-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
KhorsKan
KhorsKan began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
@ Cyril Gabard : I have too much customization in the comments, I made a rollback in version 3.48 not to waste my time...

I hope that the HTMLCSS will be better supported in future versions...
KhorsKan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

I hope so. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhorsKan View Post
@ Cyril Gabard : I have too much customization in the comments, I made a rollback in version 3.48 not to waste my time...

Old 10-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhorsKan View Post
I hope so. Thanks for the reply.
Kovid pointed you to this link https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html to explain exactly what is supported in the QT text widget. If you want the QT text widget to support a larger subset of HTML then go to the QT group and ask them to expand it to support what you're looking to use. This is out of Kovid's hands. If you find something that should work that doesn't place a bug report with the QT group about their text widget.

Alternatively look through the list of what's supported and adjust accordingly.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-12-2019 at 12:04 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Kovid pointed you to this link https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html to explain exactly what is supported in the QT text widget. If you want the QT text widget to support a larger subset of HTML then go to the QT group and ask them to expand it to support what you're looking to use. This is out of Kovid's hands. If you find something that should work that doesn't place a bug report with the QT group about their text widget.

Alternatively look through the list of what's supported and adjust accordingly.
Problem is, reading that list is OK, and I can adapt css (I do), but those changes are not reflected in the window (or I don't see how). And, additionally, how can I differentiate a paragraph from other in the comment view? Perhaps I cannot, but I would like to confirm it.

And, specially, where I can find examples? The page your are referring is OK but, without some example, it's not clear how to apply it.

And, additionally, if I add changes in the html view, why are they removed and the tags rewritten when I go to the normal view?

For example, I write the following text, which is right according with the page you're referring to:

Code:
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 0px">
Go to the normal view and, when I'm back I have:

Code:
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 10px">
That indent is in the css file, yes, but I'm changing it and the widget removes my changes.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-12-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #9
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Wink

Same for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Problem is, reading that list is OK, and I can adapt css (I do), but those changes are not reflected in the window (or I don't see how). And, additionally, how can I differentiate a paragraph from other in the comment view? Perhaps I cannot, but I would like to confirm it.

And, specially, where I can find examples? The page your are referring is OK but, without some example, it's not clear how to apply it.

And, additionally, if I add changes in the html view, why are they removed and the tags rewritten when I go to the normal view?

For example, I write the following text, which is right according with the page you're referring to:

Code:
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 0px">
Go to the normal view and, when I'm back I have:

Code:
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 10px">
That indent is in the css file, yes, but I'm changing it and the widget removes my changes.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:54 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dont put inline styles in HTML. If you want to indent all paragraphs change the indent in the style sheet. with

Code:
p { text-indent: 40px; margin: 20px }
And note that the above will not apply if you have indents and margins set in your comments HTML.

or whatever you like. Its just HTML and CSS you can find countless examples anywhere you like.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:38 AM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Dont put inline styles in HTML. If you want to indent all paragraphs change the indent in the style sheet. with

Code:
p { text-indent: 40px; margin: 20px }
And note that the above will not apply if you have indents and margins set in your comments HTML.

or whatever you like. Its just HTML and CSS you can find countless examples anywhere you like.
And if I want to have different indents for the paragraphs? Because that is the problem I have.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:13 AM   #12
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Please someone help me...

Can't understand if and how i have to modify the stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->book details or i have to work on the book_details.css.

I feel lost
Old 10-13-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And if I want to have different indents for the paragraphs? Because that is the problem I have.
As I recall there is a button to increase and decrease indentation in the comments editor GUI, use it.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As I recall there is a button to increase and decrease indentation in the comments editor GUI, use it.
Ok. There is a glitch that, if I set the indent to 0, it removes the attribute and it reverts to the original indent (this was my problem). Knowing it, I can work around it, thank you.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
It seems a duplicate of my thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323653
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote