Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
So who is getting the new Oasis 3???.....

.....I'm not sure if it really deserves a 3 at the end. I have a feeling there will be a new one on the horizon soon.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I have no reason to update from my Oasis 2, not simply for lighting color adjustment.

If they would update with a much better battery, maybe that would interest me. The battery life is dismal on the Oasis. If they got rid of the page turn buttons, that would make it perfect.

I did get the new Paperwhite for my travel reader, but got a nice trade in on an old device and 25% off.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have not been interested in any of the Oasis models. I like 6” screen just fine, and color adjustment has never been on my wish list of hardware features.

I’m interested in some software features, but these can usually be added to the entire lineup and to the Kindles I already have.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I have no reason to update from my Oasis 2, not simply for lighting color adjustment.
Same here.

I have no complaints about the battery of my Oasis. It's good enough. Maybe I was just lucky.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

If they would update with a much better battery, maybe that would interest me. The battery life is dismal on the Oasis. If they got rid of the page turn buttons, that would make it perfect.

I did get the new Paperwhite for my travel reader, but got a nice trade in on an old device and 25% off.
Apparently the battery is slightly bigger....just over 1100 mah. From what I read.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #6
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
It's too rich for my blood :/

If my voyage breaks again, I'll just get another used voyage. AFAICT, no one has yet made one with a better screen. Bigger, yes, but not better.

If money were no object, I'd take an 7"+ oasis with a rubberized back and bezel reduced by half all around. It'd mean even worse battery life but I'm okay with it to reduce size and weight.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #7
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Me! I’m getting one! I’m getting it shipped from JBHifi though because they said they would dispatch it on the 23rd, rather than amazons 24th. And they just deducted the money from my account today. So everything is looking like I should be receiving it tomorrow!!!

My Merlot cover arrived separately yesterday. That thing in itself is a thing of beauty.

Edit: my orders been shipped. Via express post here in Aus so 1 business day guaranteed. Everything’s all set for me to receive it tomorrow. Aaahhh I can’t wait!

Last edited by cerem0ny; 07-22-2019 at 07:11 PM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #8
Gstvsn
Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3
Oasis 3

I am! I’m upgrading from my Voyage to get the larger screen and adjustable-color light. I do most of my reading at night and my eyes are very sensitive. I don’t really need waterproof, but I guess it can’t hurt! I’m a bit disappointed though—got my delivery date this morning and it’s going to be a week from release day to delivery. That seems odd since Amazon can get anything else (Prime) to me in 1-2 days. I don’t understand how it can possibly take a week if it’s available this Wednesday! I’ll have the cover tomorrow, though, so that’s fun!
Gstvsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstvsn View Post
I am! I’m upgrading from my Voyage to get the larger screen and adjustable-color light. I do most of my reading at night and my eyes are very sensitive. I don’t really need waterproof, but I guess it can’t hurt! I’m a bit disappointed though—got my delivery date this morning and it’s going to be a week from release day to delivery. That seems odd since Amazon can get anything else (Prime) to me in 1-2 days. I don’t understand how it can possibly take a week if it’s available this Wednesday! I’ll have the cover tomorrow, though, so that’s fun!
Probably because the first run has already sold out. That almost always happens when a new Kindle is released.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
Gstvsn
Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gstvsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Probably because the first run has already sold out. That almost always happens when a new Kindle is released.
I guess that makes sense. It will be a looooooonnnnnnnng week!
Gstvsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
cajunrph
cajunrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2 & 3, Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3
I've ordered one as well. The temperature lighting should have been there long ago. Kobo has had it for years. He'll even the nook had it a few years ago. I too read at night and prefer the temperatures lighting.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
cajunrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:43 PM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Unfortunately this. Also, I expect it'll be a while before this gets jailbroken (if ever). That and the new KFX DRM are both cons.

Quote:
If my voyage breaks again, I'll just get another used voyage. AFAICT, no one has yet made one with a better screen. Bigger, yes, but not better.
Lol, I've already purchased multiple jailbreakable PW4 units on earlier firmware as backups. Funnily enough, the total cost of the backups well exceeds the Oasis 3's MSRP.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

If my voyage breaks again, I'll just get another used voyage. AFAICT, no one has yet made one with a better screen. Bigger, yes, but not better. ...
Woot has "Refurbished" ones (90 day warranty, not one year) on sale again for $80. That would probably be what I would do if I was going to update my Kindle to a premium model. I like the fact that it's relatively easy to change out the battery on the Voyage. Apparently it's about impossible on the Oasis 2 and (I'm guessing) the Oasis 3.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:49 AM   #14
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I should get mine from the UK this Thursday. My friend who's on vacation over there will pick it up for me from an Amazon locker.
I'm from Israel so if there's a problem with the device, I'll have to send it back and that would be very sad and most definitely won't be quick.

I hope not to loose the screen lottery. I wonder if there is still an issue with many people getting screens that are buggy. It used to be a big issue back in the day.
avivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:54 AM   #15
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by avivs View Post
I should get mine from the UK this Thursday. My friend who's on vacation over there will pick it up for me from an Amazon locker.
I'm from Israel so if there's a problem with the device, I'll have to send it back and that would be very sad and most definitely won't be quick.

I hope not to loose the screen lottery. I wonder if there is still an issue with many people getting screens that are buggy. It used to be a big issue back in the day.
I’ve only really experienced the screen lottery with Kobo devices. It put me off them forever. Apart from a two toned Voyage and those horrible light cones on the Oasis 1 (problems which were apparently universal) my luck has been otherwise flawless. Hoping the KO3 just has a uniformly good screen with no problems.
Time to start posting my KO2 up for sale!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote