Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@Hatgirl, Thanks for the list. Though, some of those store are already supported... I'll look into them. I'm a big fan of Fantasy books and I see some stores that look like they specalize in that genre .
I think your post and my edit crossed - I realised I'd left in Smashwords etc Silly me.

Glad to help out a fellow fantasy fan
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Another big fantasy fan here...but I read a lot of other genre fic as well.

I purchase regularly from fictionwise.com; that was one in particular that I've seen mentioned before (I think - I mean even before this thread) and would like to put in another vote for.

And another that I buy from with some regularity, and think just from hanging around here and reading posts that other calibre users must certainly use - pretty certain I've seen a request for this one as well, though I'm not 100% sure - is AllRomanceEbooks.com (and sometimes its companion, OmniLit; I think all of ARE is contained within OmniLit, though not vice versa, but I'm not entirely sure.)
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
My big worry about Fictionwise is how much longer are they going to be around. They've ended their affilate program, micropay program, and there have been posts on MobileRead about some of their magazine subscriptions ending too. Oh and I almost forgot they also ended the buywise club. It really looks like B&N is winding down the Fictionwise operation now that B&N has their own branded store front.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #19
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
My big worry about Fictionwise is how much longer are they going to be around. They've ended their affilate program, micropay program, and there have been posts on MobileRead about some of their magazine subscriptions ending too. Oh and I almost forgot they also ended the buywise club. It really looks like B&N is winding down the Fictionwise operation now that B&N has their own branded store front.
After reading that statement I got a fit of paranoia, downloaded all my Fictionwise ebooks and uploaded them to my Dropbox account. Even though they are already all on my ereader

Yeah, Fictionwise is not what it once was. But it still has George R. R. Martin short stories

Last edited by Hatgirl; 05-09-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
Murphy
Murphy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Great news that you are doing this.
My wishlist for other stores are:

Fictionwise
Samhain
LooseID
MLR Press
AllRomance
Dreamspinner
AmberQuill
Total-e-Bound

By the way, Fictionwise may be getting a new lease of life as I have just received first newsletter in over a year!
Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #21
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strike Borders. They have also actively decided not to be a part of calibre's store. No big loss they're just a reseller for Kobo who is already included.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
What I'd like and I know it's not possible is to be able to buy books from the sony-store from the UK, but being in UK we have to make do with other sites, as there's quite a few books I would like from sony, but can't get here.

Other UK sites seem to be coming along nicely, thanks user_none and chaley
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
user_none

Sony requires all purchases to be done through their ebook software. The list their library on their website but whrn you go to buy it says you must download their software to make the purchase.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #24
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Yeah, but even if you do that, you still can't buy them from the UK.
Only Watertones and WHSmith appear, but they don't have anything like the same amount of books available.

Copyright and distributions rights must be cause.

Pity.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
AdrGough
AdrGough began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a suggestion for the "Get Books" addition to version 0.8. It is the Baen Free Library, the link is here:

http://baen.com/library/

I have noticed you have the Baen WebScription service, and I have found that the Free Library they offer has a nice selection also.
AdrGough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrGough View Post
I have a suggestion for the "Get Books" addition to version 0.8. It is the Baen Free Library, the link is here:

http://baen.com/library/

I have noticed you have the Baen WebScription service, and I have found that the Free Library they offer has a nice selection also.
You do realise that all you have to do is click the Free Library in the (Webscription) Categories on the Left panel
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #27
user_none

Bean Free Library books are also included in the Webscription plugin's search results.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Well... This isn't a e-bookstore, but I would love to have Elib on that list. Elib is the hub in the swedish e-book market. They convert e-books, and distribute them to libraries and bookstores.

Oh, and thank you to chaley and user_none for maintaining the list, and the plugin!
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #29
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I've just got the latest from source - the right-click search of an author needs to translate LN,FN authors better (it sticks a pipe | in there)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I've just got the latest from source - the right-click search of an author needs to translate LN,FN authors better (it sticks a pipe | in there)
Don't use LN,FN. ;-)

I'll look into it. I have no idea why this is happening off the top of my head unless that's how authors are stored in the db to know its LN,FN.

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary