Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #16
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
My post was about justifying text in the details book comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
It seems a duplicate of my thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323653
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
My post was about justifying text in the details book comments...
If you want to justify the text, the easily way to do it is selecting all the text and pushing the option for justifying. It works for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #18
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Thanks Terisa de morgan but i've got 1100 books. So i'd rather batch this work and find a way to justify all the book details comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If you want to justify the text, the easily way to do it is selecting all the text and pushing the option for justifying. It works for me.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
Thanks Terisa de morgan but i've got 1100 books. So i'd rather batch this work and find a way to justify all the book details comment...
Puff, for doing a batch work, the only thing I can guess is a regular expression that replace <p> for <p align="justify"> Problem: I know that it would work, but it doesn't take into account border cases. And, more important, I don't know if it will honored in case of you, later, edit a book and show the html view at the comment window.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #20
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
I create this soft Calibre Comments Cleaner
Unzip the files and drag&drop your Calibre library folder on the executable.

Among other things, it justifies the text.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-17-2019 at 06:24 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
I create this soft Calibre Comments Cleaner
Unzip the files and drag&drop your Calibre library folder on the executable.

Among other things, it justifies the text.
Thank you, I'll check it.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:49 AM   #22
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

I'll try it too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I'll check it.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:54 AM   #23
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

I don't understand how to use it... Sorry
Old 10-18-2019, 05:44 AM   #24
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Drag & drop your folder libray on the exe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-18_11h43_14.png
Views:	134
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	174320  

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-18-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #25
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

What if i want to justify the comments ?

Quote:
Drag & drop your folder libray on the exe.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #26
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

He does it.
Oh crap, I forgot to specify...
Important: it is necessary to close Caliber before launching the software.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #27
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Not working for me. Sorry

Quote:
He does it.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
He does it.
You also forgot to recommend the user should backup their libraries before dropping them into your program

And you didn't tell us what what Operating Systems it works on

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #29
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->bok details. But note that the book details pane suports only a subset of HTMLCSS https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html
I don't mind the subset being used in the Calibre GUI.

I do mind that, while transferring the book, the original code that I made for the metadata field "description" is replaced by the "Calibre/QT-5 code" on my Kobo devices.

I know it's asking much for a program that must be already overcomplicated, but isn't there a way to leave the choice which code to use on the device to the user? After all, it is Calibre that executes the substitution.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No changes are made to comments html unless you use the edit metadata dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote