Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster10 View Post
Prior to 4, if a search on the content server contained smart quotes (i.e., iOS default), the content server detected the smart quotes and queried the user if smart quotes should be treated as regular quotes. With 4.0, no query is thrown and the search result just finds nothing.
Weird I have not touched that part of the code in a very long time. Can you open a bug report about it and I will have a look when I have a moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I dont have a working iOS device any longer to test with, but I changed the code to assume it is always running on iOS and ran it and it worked. So if it is nt working it means detection of iOS is failing, which is done with

Code:
!!navigator.platform && /iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(navigator.platform)
Old 10-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm guessing you updated your ios to version 13 and that broke the ios detection.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #19
skipster10
skipster10 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5
I did update my iPhone and iPad to iOS 13.1.2.
skipster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah that will be the reason. If you can somehow get the vaues of navigator.platform and navigator.userAgent to me, I can update the detection code
Old 10-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

According to this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-ios-13-and-up

iphone should still be detected but not ipad. Is that the case for you?
Old 10-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #22
skipster10

That is the case. Smart Quotes are detected on iPhone X (iOS 13.1.2) but are not on iPad Pro (iOS 13.1.2).

I haven't done any programming since I finished grad school in the early 1990s and that was limited to Pascal, Fortran and C. It looks like the values navigator.platform and navigator.userAgent that you requested are returns from Javascript functions (thanks, Google). Is there a simple way to get these values for you?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No there isn't, there is no simple way to get anything on iDevices, but in any case I found the info and the fix will be in the next release.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:41 AM   #24
skipster10

Awesome!!! Thank you!