Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 05:02 AM   #1
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
Dusted off my K3G, any updates to be aware of?

outside of having to manually sideload 3.4.3 OFW, how should i go about making sure everything else is upto date ? (jailbreak/Screensaver Hack/USBNetworking/KUAL)

how do i know which versions my K3G is using?

and yes, i choose to keep it around for the audiobook functionality/MP3 (something i havent double-checked in recent Kindle models, as sofar this is still perfect for me.)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I haven't touched the historical releases in the ginormous thread, but the Snapshots packages receive the same updated binaries as everything else.

That probably won't change much besides the warm & fuzzy feeling of not running outdated custom software, though, because there probably hasn't been any meaningful tweaks besides updated dependencies.
And they will require going through MRPI to install, which might be new & alien for people who've never had to use it on newer devices.

(Provided they're not completely ancient, the first entry in the KUAL menu for each of my hack is a "show version" button. Otherwise, there may also be a VERSION file in the hack's folder.).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #3
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I haven't touched the historical releases in the ginormous thread, but the Snapshots packages receive the same updated binaries as everything else.

That probably won't change much besides the warm & fuzzy feeling of not running outdated custom software, though, because there probably hasn't been any meaningful tweaks besides updated dependencies.
And they will require going through MRPI to install, which might be new & alien for people who've never had to use it on newer devices.

(Provided they're not completely ancient, the first entry in the KUAL menu for each of my hack is a "show version" button. Otherwise, there may also be a VERSION file in the hack's folder.).
how do i go about updating then?i guess uninstall the screensaver hack then Jailbreak then install newest ones?
Old 10-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You never need to uninstall anything, with the exception of the JailBreak in some rare circumstances which are detailed in the legacy thread.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You never need to uninstall anything, with the exception of the JailBreak in some rare circumstances which are detailed in the legacy thread.
gotcha, i thought since they were so old, i had tolooks like i only hadto for the Jailbreak but updated USBNetworking and Screensaver hack thru MRPI (wasnt as difficult to understand just untill first run in KUAL, i didnt know where i had to leave the update bins, plugged USB back in saw new folder and was golden!)

Should probably work now on an new Backup image of it as last image is quite dated (5 Years).

before marking it solved, curiously anything usefull these days (KUAL extentions/new software, etc) for the K3G?