Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 03:51 AM   #31
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
and under card - Property - driver a driver update is not possible....
larysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by larysa View Post
same behavior as the previous time...
download and installed latest driver from your AMD link, the problem is that the installer does not install the correct driver, but when i restart my pc i see a generic VGA driver...
and have run non-whql-win8.1-win7-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20.exe !!!
That is Message exactly what is happening on this Dell 780(W10x64) since July6 (I moved on that date). (and it is not limited to AMD. I ripped out a Nvidia 210 for the same type of message. The card may have had other issues.)

The DEFAULT driver you are GETTING , is because the AMD one can't ID its card upon reboot. (The card WAS detected and the correct one is installed, just not being used) (I can't run extended desktop dual monitors on the card with WINDOWS. Linux Mint 17 has no problem, so the hardware is working.

BTW I don't have the Blank problem on THIS machine, even with broken graphics drive issues. ( I have 2 USB video adapters working as well. 3@ monitors out of 4). The Laptop (W7) DOES have the Blank Issue (not the AMD not found), even with the second monitor on the USB dongle.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #33
larysa
Zealot

ok, understand.
Quote:
because the AMD one can't ID its card upon reboot.
yes, this is the problem... so what should i do?

i have already try to update my driver manually, with property-driver-update driver and saerch into extract folder from ADM setup.exe but no new driver found....

Last edited by larysa; 10-18-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by larysa View Post
ok, understand.

yes, this is the problem... so what should i do?

i have already try to update my driver manually, with property-driver-update driver and saerch into extract folder from ADM setup.exe but no new driver found....
Buy a new computer?
Use Linux?
If I knew the answer, I would still have hair and $60 that a replacement card cost.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:10 AM   #35
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Buy a new computer?
Use Linux?
If I knew the answer, I would still have hair and $60 that a replacement card cost.
Have you tried this?

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/displ...on-video-cards

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:01 AM   #36
larysa
Zealot

@ducks
new pc or linux only to have latest calibre 4?? it's not that important....

@bernie
from your link: install win update KB4057291, rollback to old driver (which?) reinstall driver (latest AMD driver??)