Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #1
Ciceronn
Ciceronn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Paperwhite
Group deletion of duplicates

I apologize for the poor translation, I am writing via google translator. So, I need help with group deletion of duplicates of books, how can I do this? I found them through the "find duplicates" plugin, but there are more than 8000 of them, it takes a very long time to manually delete, can I automate process?
Ciceronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
Ciceronn

HEEELP!
Advert
Old 07-23-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the Duplicate Search Options dialog of Find Duplicates, you can select When doing a Binary Compare, automatically remove duplicate formats.

If you are not doing a binary compare, there's no way for the plugin to know which copy you want to delete.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't know what happened to it/where it went, but I used to have a push pin column. When I sometimes did something it would turn on the push pin for some books. I'm wondering if the find duplicates plugin sets that, but only for subsequent duplicates of the same thing, not all duplicates. Then you could sort on that push pin column and delete them all at once. Alternatively, maybe it could set a special tag for subsequent duplicates.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:30 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Find Duplicates Marks the books it regards as duplicates with a push pin on the extreme left. You can Unmark the books you want to keep with Ctrl+M.

When you've Unmarked the books you want to keep, use the Mark Books->Show Marked Books option, select all the books and remove them via the Remove Books tool.

You might want to add the Mark Books tool to a toolbar or menu. I have it in the book list context menu, and I have assigned custom shortcuts to some actions.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
Ciceronn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the Duplicate Search Options dialog of Find Duplicates, you can select When doing a Binary Compare, automatically remove duplicate formats.

If you are not doing a binary compare, there's no way for the plugin to know which copy you want to delete.
Thank you very much !!!! It really helped a lot!
Old 08-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #7
McStubb
Connoisseur
McStubb began at the beginning.

Device: None
The other trick you can use is to configure calibre to ignore duplicate formats when importing, and then create a new library and copy and delete from the existing library. Differing formats will be merged together, and only 1 copy of each book will remain.
McStubb is offline   Reply With Quote