Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-04-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
[Kobo] Calibre keeps sending metadata to device on plugin

Hey,

It seems with my new laptop I'm getting new problems. I fixed my other issue, but this one has me scratching my head.

Every time I plug my Kobo into my computer, Calibre does the 'sending metadata to device' thing even though I DON'T have that checked in the KoboTouch Driver settings. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to stop it? It takes at least a minute for the metadata to upload and while that isn't really a hardship, it is annoying.

Thanks!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Take a look at:

Preferences > Import/Export > Sending Books to Devices > Metadata Management

and make sure it's not set that to Automatic Management. I'd guess that you'd want it set to either Manual or Only on Send.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
That was probably it. It was set to Automatic. I just haven't had new books to send to the Kobo yet to check. Thanks!!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:06 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The 'sending metadata to device' job isn't related to new devices. It can maintain collections and sync any changes in the metadata to the device. That includes series info. If the metadata management is off, it means that when you do send a book to the device, and reconnected after it is imported, the series info will not be updated for the new book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata