Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #16
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
nine days and counting, shipped from hong kong

So nine days in and I finally got a tracking number from DHL. It's not shipped yet, of course, just at the "Shipment information received" state, which can basically last forever.

I asked about the order status two days ago, and that was my response (implicitely) - I didn't get an actual reply yet.

Goodereader is definitely a disappointment, will not buy again.
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #17
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
So nine days in and I finally got a tracking number from DHL. It's not shipped yet, of course, just at the "Shipment information received" state, which can basically last forever.

I asked about the order status two days ago, and that was my response (implicitely) - I didn't get an actual reply yet.

Goodereader is definitely a disappointment, will not buy again.
Yes I agree Goodereader is quite a disappointment with all their little secrets, like not telling you that your order will ship from Hong Kong.

But after I received a tracking number from DHL, my Note Pro was delivered 3 days after.
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #18
anarcat
Connoisseur

finally got the e-reader today. 90$CAD customs fee. quite frustrating, but the device is here and it works...
Old 06-20-2019, 08:14 PM   #19
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
finally got the e-reader today. 90$CAD customs fee. quite frustrating, but the device is here and it works...
That sucks. I would contact them and ask them to refund that amount since they do not clearly state on the purchase page where the device is shipping from.

When one makes a purchase from a Canadian company which is based in Canada, the assumption is that the item will ship from Canada rather than from a third country unless explicitly stated otherwise. To hide that information away on another page and expose the customer to additional fees is deceptive.

I would also contact Onyx to let them know about this situation because any negative experience which you have purchasing their products reflects badly on them. They might force Good eReader to clearly state the information on the purchase page or they may wish to terminate any relationship with Good eReader as continuing to deals with a company that engages in such deceptive tactics would then tarnish their reputation.

You could bring such information to their attention via their BBS page: http://bbs.onyx-international.com/

Another person raised some concerns over misleading/confusing information from a Russian reseller of their products. Here is the reply that Onyx posted:

Quote:
Dear, Onyx Boox will take this seriously and talk about this issue with our distributor to make that advertisement publicly.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...irmware/1404/4
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #20
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As the thread on Good eReader's deceitful shipping practice has been unlisted over on the Onyx BBS site, here is a direct link to the thread:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...ereader/1423/5

Hopefully, Onyx will act on the information provided and either cut ties with Good eReader or force them to honestly indicate which products are being shipped from overseas. I rather suspect that most of the products listed on their site are being shipped from overseas.

Last edited by Question Mark; 06-25-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #21
anarcat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
As the thread on Good eReader's deceitful shipping practice has been unlisted over on the Onyx BBS site, here is a direct link to the thread:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...ereader/1423/5

Hopefully, Onyx will act on the information provided and either cut ties with Good eReader or force them to honestly indicate which products are being shipped from overseas. I rather suspect that most of the products listed on their site are being shipped from overseas.
Considering the thread has been unlisted, I'm not sure that will happen at all. But we'll see - they also hinted at making their stuff easier to find, for example - I'd love to have those products visible in a local electronics store..
Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #22
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I ordered a Note Pro from ereader.store (in Germany) on June 16 (sunday), got a shipping notice the following day, and the package arrived some time after that via UPS - I don't know exactly when, I got it just yesterday from a picup point because I was away from home for a whole week.

The package was shipped from Germany, and arrived fine - just like happened a year ago when I ordered the Max 2 from the same source. I don't know what additional shipping charges you may have to pay if ordering from outside Europe, but for Europeans like me, I highly recommend ereader.store.

(Have not tried the device yet, as it's a present for my wife's birthday)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #23
Question Mark
Wizard

The BBS thread about Good e-Reader's deceptive shipping information has been listed again.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...ereader/1423/9

Tags
availability, canada, maxpro2, notepro, onyx