Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Various Server issues/questions

1) The content server will sometimes re-prompt for login even if the password is correct. From my android tablets running Chrome, it will prompt three times. I know the password is correct because I have it saved and I simply hit the button three times. What is going on?

2) My content server is running standalone. How do I view its logs (trying to troubleshoot above issue)? I can't find a log file in the filesystem for it.

3) For the text in the footer/header/margins, used for things like progress, clock, time to finish chapter, etc, what determines the font size? I sometimes have those text become virtually microscopic for no reason.

4) Please add an option to rotate the text sideways in the left/right margins. At the default margin sizes, there is only enough room to fit 1-2 characters horizontally, which makes them mainly useless.

5) In the library web interface, how do I expose the user's progress per book? It would be nice if one can see the percentage read per book. It would be best if that information is available on the cover-grid view. In fact, I wish the cover-grid view could mirror the format from the GUI and allow for text below the cover. One text I find useful is to show the Series name.

Thanks!
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Your browser is malfunctioning

2) Use the command line options to control where log files are written they default to stdout

3) The overall font size of the browser

4) Someday perhaps, opena ticket for it

5) Use the custom display template and add whatever information you like
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

5) Use the custom display template and add whatever information you like
I think what he meant is the automatic reading progress rather than manual input to a custom column. Some may want to see the %, other page / total pages (position in book). I myself prefer the latter as it also indicates the length of a book in comparison with others.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That information is not really available as metadata. It could possibly be made available, but that's a fair bit of work, patches welcome.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
I guess the progress data of each user per book is not exposed as metadata. Maybe having users being able to view the reading status and progress of each other, per-book, is a good social enhancement. Ahem, calibre, the fitbit for books.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #6
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
1) The content server will sometimes re-prompt for login even if the password is correct. From my android tablets running Chrome, it will prompt three times. I know the password is correct because I have it saved and I simply hit the button three times. What is going on?
I have experienced the same problem here: it takes 3 attempts to login on server. I'm running calibre 4.22, Windows 10 x64, Chrome 84.0.4147.125.

This also happens on my Android device, running Android 10 and updated Chrome app.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:33 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
I guess the progress data of each user per book is not exposed as metadata. Maybe having users being able to view the reading status and progress of each other, per-book, is a good social enhancement. Ahem, calibre, the fitbit for books.
Haha, most definitely not. Generally speaking, if this were ever implemented it would need to be visible only in a users own view, and optionally be written to the database.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I have experienced the same problem here: it takes 3 attempts to login on server. I'm running calibre 4.22, Windows 10 x64, Chrome 84.0.4147.125.

This also happens on my Android device, running Android 10 and updated Chrome app.
Yes, as I said its an issue with chrome, basically it seems to be running various HTTP requests in parallel at startup and prompting fo rth epassword for all of them before the user has a chance to enter the first password.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:26 AM   #9
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, as I said its an issue with chrome, basically it seems to be running various HTTP requests in parallel at startup and prompting fo rth epassword for all of them before the user has a chance to enter the first password.
You are right. I tried filling the first one, then pressing cancel on the next, and it was logged.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote