Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Google: App Inventor for Android

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...r-android.html

Quote:
App Inventor is a new tool in Google Labs that makes it easy for anyone—programmers and non-programmers, professionals and students—to create mobile applications for Android-powered devices. And today, we’re extending invitations to the general public.
Looks pretty cool! I applied for an invite.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...r-android.html

Looks pretty cool! I applied for an invite.
Okay Kjk, you get karma for this post.

BTW thanks for all the other news post your making it easy to stay on top of he latest news.

Last edited by =X=; 07-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahahaha, thanks-just trying to give this new forum a push to start-I'm sure it will really take off once more reading-centric Android devices show up on the market.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ops sorry my last post had "least" I meant to say "latest"..... I promise that wasn't a Freudian slip
Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Ops sorry my last post had "least" I meant to say "latest"..... I promise that wasn't a Freudian slip
well, there certainly could stand to be more news, especially concerning actual products
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
I've applied for an invitation too!
I already develop Android applications using the standard SDK and NDK in Eclipse, but a tool to make the smallest applications more quickly is surely welcome.

That, and also I suspect that I may be able to turn the AppInventor into a Form Designer to use with my standard projects in Eclipse.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
I've applied for an invitation too!
I already develop Android applications using the standard SDK and NDK in Eclipse, but a tool to make the smallest applications more quickly is surely welcome.

That, and also I suspect that I may be able to turn the AppInventor into a Form Designer to use with my standard projects in Eclipse.
Based on the invitation form-it looks like they are focusing on students..I probably should have used an .edu email address
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Based on the invitation form-it looks like they are focusing on students..I probably should have used an .edu email address
That's why I used my university email address
Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard

I don't have my edu email any longer. However in their instructions I was sure it said enter your Gmail address
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
Lo Zeno
Addict

You're right, I didn't pay attention to it.
I'm better fill the form again then I can always mention my university in the last field.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
You're right, I didn't pay attention to it.
I'm better fill the form again then I can always mention my university in the last field.
Have you tried Palm's Project Ares simulator for web apps? It is pretty neat.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
kjk

Got my invitation to Inventor!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Got my invitation to Inventor!
Ditto
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Looks interesting. I just built my first app - "Hello Android" yesterday using the standard ADK from Google. as I wait on my Droid X....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
Thecovester
Thecovester began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Help with AppInventor?

Can anyone help me out here?
I'm trying out Google's Android AppInventor, and I want to do something on the tutorial. The tutorial is called PaintPot, and it teaches you about the canvas and other stuff like that. I'm at the 2nd half of the tutorial, and I want to make it so that I can change the size of the drag line as well as the dot size. In the tutorial, it even says that "You can draw in PaintPot and use the new buttons to draw either big dots or small dots. Notice that dragging your finger still produces a thin line" but it doesn't give any solution. I've scoured the web for help...no luck.

Does anyone know how to make the "DrawingCanvas.Drawline" become larger? I want to make it so that whenever I press the buttons that say "Large" and "Small," it not only changes the dotsize but also the Drawline size. Thanks in advance.
Thecovester is offline   Reply With Quote