Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #76
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Someone wrote that there is a TF card ... Really, no TF card or SD card or something else to extend or to have some books without using USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth ?
Confirmed by https://ereader.store : no SD/TF card
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #77
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Confirmed by https://ereader.store : no SD/TF card
In the notebook italia video they also say the Note they have there is complete, with only a microhdmi port to be added. It didn't have a TF slot.

Also your store link has an empty 10.3" section, maybe it will be updated soon.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #78
HappyMoney
HappyMoney began at the beginning.

Device: 13.3 Good E-reader
Onyx Boox Max2 (Wacom only)

Hello. Does Onyx Boox Max2 (Wacom only) launch? I understand that this version has a great advantage of the screen. Do you know anyone?
HappyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #79
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
CPU: RK3288
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171123 10-20-49.png
Views:	290
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	160173  
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 AM   #80
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Onyx Boox Max2 (Wacom only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMoney View Post
Hello. Does Onyx Boox Max2 (Wacom only) launch? I understand that this version has a great advantage of the screen. Do you know anyone?
Me too, I would have this device, but NO, don't expect it, nothing is planned for a such device This is confirmed by http://ereader.store. The problem is the cost for ONYX to develop many models. For some users, a modern e-reader without touch screen must not exist...

I've asked for a comparison between a CARTA screen without and with a touch screen to evaluate the difference during the readings. I've seen some videos with annotations, drawings, web surfing, but never only focused on the reading action and the text's quality. May be like you, the reading action is the most important for me.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:44 AM   #81
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Me too

May be like you, the reading action is the most important for me.
Me three.

According to a user' feedback who has both Sony RP1 and Max2, Max2's display is much better than RP1's. On RP1's screen, grid can be spotted from certain angle. Max2 has none. RP1 is more yellowish than Max2.

From another user's feedback: comparing with Max Carta, Max2's screen is a little bit yellowish but acceptable. He didn't mention the font sharpness between them.

Maybe I should order one?

Last edited by cqman; 11-23-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:55 AM   #82
onyxuser
onyxuser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
Me three.

According to a user' feedback who has both Sony RP1 and Max2, Max2's display is much better than RP1's. On RP1's screen, grid can be spotted from certain angle. Max2 has none. RP1 is more yellowish than Max2.

From another user's feedback: comparing with Max Carta, Max2's screen is a little bit yellowish but acceptable. He didn't mention the font sharpness between them.

Maybe I should order one?
Me four.

apparently Max2 is not for me, I have to use Max Carta Instead.
onyxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:39 AM   #83
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxuser View Post
Me four.

I was surprised by Wacom's pen on Max2, so smooth. Kind of no delay( maybe 0.1s)

As for software, the responsive time is faster than RP1, let alone Max C. I can't resist the temptation of this. But the price is not that attractive for me.

Last edited by cqman; 11-23-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #84
onyxuser
onyxuser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Carta
Quote:
I was surprised by Wacom's pen on Max2, so smooth. Kind of no delay( maybe 0.1s)

As for software, the responsive time is faster than RP1, let alone Max C. I can't resist the temptation of this. But the price is not that attractive for me.
By the way, does anyone know what type of digitizer is used in Max Carta ? Wacom ? Hanvon ? or something else ?
onyxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #85
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
CPU: RK3288
This would be the best news ever after the invention of bread...
Which model? All of them, presumably?
Source?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #86
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
This would be the best news ever after the invention of bread...
Which model? All of them, presumably?
Source?
From a snapshot in Max2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2eec33738bd4b31c3a5a6b178cd6277f9e2ff83e.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	160182   Click image for larger version

Name:	cb50eedeb48f8c54a9bc3b8331292df5e0fe7f34.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	160183  
Old 11-23-2017, 07:23 AM   #87
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know what type of digitizer is used in Max Carta ? Wacom ? Hanvon ? or something else ?
Hanvon
Old 11-23-2017, 07:32 AM   #88
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've asked for a comparison between a CARTA screen without and with a touch screen to evaluate the difference during the readings.
As soon as I will get it I will shoot all the pics you need, MaxCarta vs MaxCarta2Pro.
I have the strong inclination to believe that the new one will be much better in rendering and perceptive quality.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #89
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
From a snapshot in Max2.
Some lucky guy!

I see an "overlapping windows" icon between "arrows switch", "mode switch" and the menu icon: could it be the "recent tasks"?

Last edited by mdp; 11-23-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #90
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Me four.

One argument in favour of the Max2 is the HDMI port. With no SD card, maybe it's a possibility to use it in a professional context, because a USB, Wifi or Bluetooth could be forbidden. If we suppose that the video signal could be not recorded.

It was may be better for me to have no touch screen. I want something the nearest as possible to the sensation of printed book when I read.

Last edited by Randy11; 11-23-2017 at 08:06 AM.