Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #886
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
@jackie_w
I think you are right. Nothing to do with night mode. But perhaps with the miniclock, wich is on the top left corner.
So, when the picture is on the top left corner, then the problem occurs. I think, now the problem is solved for me.
Are you reading an epub? Picture zooming is only available in kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #887
elendil0
elendil0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, v1 (Mark 6), firmware 4.18.13737 2019-09-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You no longer need this mod. You can enable developer settings which gives you an option in developer settings to invert the screen. There’s a patch to replace ‘show adobe page numbers’ in reading settings with the invert screen option.

This does the same thing to the screen but requires less mucking around to do it.

There’s not really anything in the developer settings that will break your device.
Hi MGlitch, would you please tell me how to activate the "developer settings", and if -to you- my device will be eligible to this patch to get the "invert screen option"?

NB: my device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, v1 (Mark 6), firmware 4.18.13737 2019-09-30.
elendil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2019, 04:58 AM   #888
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you reading an epub? Picture zooming is only available in kepubs.
I know that. I am reading kepub.
And I like the night mode and miniclock on kobo clara HD. On my Kindle Paperwhite, there is no night mode or inverted mode and no miniclock, and I miss that on Paperwhite.

Apropp pictures. What is the reason, that the picture is very sharp for milliseconds and after that less sharp and less quality. And I think this effect is on both, kobo and Paperwhite. Any idea, what happens, when this effect happens? Is it a mirror or defect (serial) or is it avoidable?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #889
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi elendil0,

Look at this page https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...-new-easy-way/ and you will see that you just have to do this to activate the devleoper mode :

To view the hidden developer settings menu, all you have to do is type devmodeon into your Kobo device’s search bar.

Then go to Settings > Device information > Developer options > View.

Last edited by akorx; 12-07-2019 at 05:25 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #890
Arathonk
Arathonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Should this also work on the Kobo Auro Edition 2? Because I followed the instructions(copied file to .root), rebooted and then long pressed the sun icon but it doesnt work.
Arathonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #891
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathonk View Post
Should this also work on the Kobo Auro Edition 2? Because I followed the instructions(copied file to .root), rebooted and then long pressed the sun icon but it doesnt work.
You have made a mistake : you must copy the file under the directory .kobo not under root directory !

So :
1. stop completly your device and plug it to your computer
2. copy the file KoboRoot.tgz (don't extract it !!!) to the directory .kobo of your device
3. don't unplug your device, but first eject it and unplug it after... your device should reboot alone => you should see some squares during one ou two minutes maximum : it's the update of your device.
4. test it.

Other solution : test the "devmodeon"... look at the post number #889.

PS : if you upgrade the firmware of your device, you will have to re install the night mode plugin or reactivate the devmode.

Come back yo give us the result.

Last edited by akorx; 12-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #892
Arathonk

Hi, yes sorry, I meant the .kobo folder,
I tried it again but it doesn't work, also the file is gone after reboot.

I have devmode on and I can invert the screens via dev settings but that too much work, I want to be able to change it quickly.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #893
Arathonk

I tried it again but it doesn't work, the file is gone after reboot, and the nightmode files appear.

I have to long press the little sun icon(which you use to change brightness) or home button right? Cause that doesnt work..

I have devmode on and I can invert the screens via dev settings but that too much work, I want to be able to change it quickly.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #894
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried it again but it doesn't work, also the file is gone after reboot.

Which version of the hack did you use? If you used the one in the first post, it won't work. That is for older firmware. You need the one from https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...de_build13.zip. And you also need to make sure you have configured it properly. I don't use the hack, so I can't help with doing that.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:17 AM   #895
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I tried it again but it doesn't work, the file is gone after reboot, and the nightmode files appear.

I have to long press the little sun icon(which you use to change brightness) or home button right? Cause that doesnt work..

There’s a patch that replaces use ADE page Numbers with turn invert on. You can then enable or disable the invert from reading settings which you can get to directly from within a book.

Might not be quite as easy as some options the hack gives depending on your model of kobo but it’s a lot easier to setup and it’s not like you’re going to be switching this on and off at a rate that requires faster access
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #896
akorx
Addict

Arathonk,

Follow the post #894 of davidfor if you use one of the most recent firmwares (install the last), it should work without any difficulty.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #897
Arathonk

I don't want to use the patch because that requires to use custom software.

I just used the hack given in post #894,
Downloaded the file, unzipped, copied the installer file to .kobo, removed device safely, let it reboot, long pressed both sun and home but nothing happens..
Old 12-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #898
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I don't want to use the patch because that requires to use custom software.

I just used the hack given in post #894,
Downloaded the file, unzipped, copied the installer file to .kobo, removed device safely, let it reboot, long pressed both sun and home but nothing happens..
Huh? The hack is custom software. It is a custom version of one of the files included in the firmware. If you don't want to use custom software, then you need to use the config file option to turn it on, or, enable devmode to get to the option.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:44 AM   #899
akorx
Addict

Arathonk,

Listen the advice of davidfor, he is a very active member since the early days (look at his 17,952 posts ! ), and you will have a night mode on your device (with or without a external plugin).

Last edited by akorx; 12-14-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #900
Arathonk

But there should be a reason why the hack isn't working right?
I followed instructions on the first page with the file in post #894 on my Aura Edition 2.
I know I can change it in devmode, but I want to be able to do it quicker, I turn it off and on everyday because the brightness level is too high on 1% and dark mode makes brightness lower.

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch