Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
ehani
Connoisseur
ehani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Smile Books not showing

Hi, I'm new here and not sure if this has already been discussed or if its in the right place.

I have a kindle paperwhite and use calibre to sort my books and add metadate and covers. This usually works well for all my books either bought or freebies from many books and other free sites. However I've noticed that some of my bought books are showing as on the device in calibre but I can't access them on the kindle itself. 1 series in particular I bought from amazon will only show on my kindle if I download via my kindle, it will not show up if added by calibre other series show up just not this particular 1. Whilst this isn't a major problem I do like to put all my series' in order and cannot do this on the kindle itself.

If anyone knows how to stop books from vanishing from the homepage and how I can get a series to be accepted via calibre I'd be grateful.

Many thanks
ehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Your problem sounds like it may be device specific. You might try posting this question in the "Devices" sub-forum here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
ehani
Connoisseur

Thank you
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a mobi to mobi converion before sending the file, that usually fixes these kind of problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
ehani
Connoisseur

Books disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do a mobi to mobi converion before sending the file, that usually fixes these kind of problems.
Hi, will that work for Drm books bought from amazon? The books that keep disappearing are drm locked a complete series in fact.

Ehani
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you have to remove drm before doing conversions.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
ehani
Connoisseur

AZW3 -Mobi -Mobi?

Quote:
So do I remove the drm then convert to mobi then send to calibre then convert mobi to mobi in calibre?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
ehani
Connoisseur

hi

Quote:
Unlocked AZW3 & converted mobi to mobi via calibre, it didn't work back to loosing books. I know they are on the kindle but they just don't show up.