Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
Cogito
Reader
Cogito began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 500
Norman Mailer now on Sony Connect

His new one and a couple of the old. I mention because Harlot’s Ghost alone weighs in at 1200 pages in print, a perfect candidate for electronic reading.
Cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I downloaded Harlot's Ghost, for people with bad eyes like myself the type at the largest setting is readable but I would much prefer a larger text size. Perhaps I have been too used to reading books on the reader that I was able to set the text size myself. I am not sure if I will download anymore books from Connect until there is more text size options.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
I downloaded Harlot's Ghost, for people with bad eyes like myself the type at the largest setting is readable but I would much prefer a larger text size. Perhaps I have been too used to reading books on the reader that I was able to set the text size myself. I am not sure if I will download anymore books from Connect until there is more text size options.
Amen! The main reason I got the Reader was that they advertised it as good for people with vision problems, but all the books I've bought still have the largest size (even in landscape) too small for comfortable reading.

I've emailed them about that, but doubt whether they care.

Only Gutenberg books I move up in font size are helpful to be, but heck, I could do that on my Rocket eBook.

I'm very disappointed.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Wow, the books I've checked the large has been incredibly large, like two or three words per line large. I have noticed different books have different font sizes, which is annoying. I wonder who determines the three sizes, I have to assume it's the publisher because if it was Sony then I would guess all the sizes would be consistent.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It is the pubs who set the font sizes, I believe I remember an off-hand comment to that effect from the Book Festival in Austin last October.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote