Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
I know why the power goes out so quickly. The cvm process is almost always 100% after Kindle boots. I've installed JBPatch & Kindlet Patch. But why does it happen?

Last edited by wisecrick; 06-01-2013 at 01:16 PM.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
I know why the power goes out so quickly. The cvm process is almost always 100% after I start & exit kterm or koreader, maybe other external programs. But why does it happen?
Your still comparing a system with the processor running (2 days) vs. a system with the processor stopped (5 days).

Using the standard *nix tools for examining a running process may help you find out what cvm is doing (or trying to do).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I know why the power goes out so quickly. The cvm process is almost always 100% after I start & exit kterm or koreader, maybe other external programs. But why does it happen?
It should be at 100% immediately afterwards, but then drop down to 0% again. How are you measuring and monitoring over time?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Quote:
I know why the power goes out so quickly. The cvm process is almost always 100% after Kindle boots. I've installed JBPatch & Kindlet Patch. But why does it happen?
I put a file "auto" on /mnt/us/usbnet, so Kindle boots with usb-net enabled. And after it boots, top & htop show the load of cvm is always very high, always between 70% - 100%.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote